C-24

Ram dev's eyes popped out of his sockets. He had never seen a woman this angry. Ishumati's face was morphed with hurt and dissonance and was glaring at his nephew. She was humiliated. 

He gulped nervously. Anirudh was no less.  His entire nose and cheek was red in anger, eyebrows frowning together, hands  were clenched in a fist.

When Anirudh descended down the stairs, he was lost in his own thoughts. He needed to drive at least 4 hours nonstop to reach kolkata and study his first case, after returning from London with his degree. In any other circumstance , he would be excited for his first case but today he was pissed, sad and disappointed. His home was a ruckus, his family was depressed and he himself........... Let's just say he was dealing with it.

 Hearing  about his kaka's incomplete love story, to finding out his father passed out after consuming so much alcohol from a random servant of the haveli and his heart aching for his mother. 

 He was disturbed. Not emotionally sane.

  And a small part of his heart yearning for the innocent bond he made years ago with a cursed girl. He smiled sarcastically and shook his head. Life was a bitch to him.

He was walking down the stairs, when he heard a giggle. So melodious , so soothing that it knocked him out of his thoughts. What was that sound?

He craned his neck to see the owner of the voice and hurriedly descended down the stairs. Soon enough , the giggle was converted into a soft coo. And then a baby's sigh was heard. His head experienced an overflow of euphoria just by listening to those calming sounds. When he reached at the end of the stairs, he saw a almond white , small waist of a woman draped in a peach colored saree. The baby playing with her earrings and necklace. The sight was angelic and oddly satisfying.

 His heart went THUD THUD THUD

There was something wrong with his chest. It tingled. With an unknown sensation which he didn't know of.

THUD THUD THUD. the erratic beats of his heart never stopped. Instead became faster than ever.

The owner of such silkly smooth skin moved, her waist  and curves twisting beautifully with her movement. Her anklets making a chiming sound. chan chan chan....

THUD THUD THUD. his heart responded. 

Main Baarish Ki Boli,
Samajhta Nahi Tha 
Hawaaon Se Main Yu,
Ulajhta Nahi Tha

He didn't know what was wrong with him. But this feeling was weird. Good kind of weird.

The baby which he recognized till now was his brother, freed some of her curly hair from her braid, making her hair fall down to her face and neck.

THUD THUD THUD. His lips smiled

Hai seene mein dil bhi
Kahaan thi mujhe ye khabar

She bounced the baby in her arms. Whispering something in his ear which made him squeal. His smile grew wider.

Kya Haal Ho Gaya Hai Ye Mera.

The woman in front of him was making his heart do somersaults. All of this was quite new to him, but he felt peace. The peace he left with the cursed girl years ago. His heart went haywire thinking about her. She must have grown up into a beautiful young girl. She must be just like the woman standing in front of him. The cursed girl. His only friend.

Aankhein Meri Har Jagah,Dhoondhe Tujhe Bewajah 

If life was merciful, he would find her again. He would listen to her complains once again and laugh on her silly talks. He would. He had promised himself. He promised it to her. And Anirudh Roy Chaudhary never breaks his promises.