Chapter 5

'Death is near I feel it.' Alex was running in his true form to the lake in his vision. 'She will die in my fangs.' He heard in his mind. 'Link what are you thinking? This isn't you.' His brother wasn't possessed by an evil spirit or by Max. "Help please." He heard someone scream. Instead of running faster he disrupted time and shifted to his human form. Something walked next to him calling for Link. He looked at the being and knew what was happening. "Is he trying to open the gate?" When Alex tried to stop the beast from entering his mind he felt a disrupting in Link's soul, like it was altered. "Alex you foolish boy." When he was closer to Link he try to reach out for him. 'He is far too gone to be helped.' By concentrating his magic to his hand he summoned the twin blades, Urban flare and Lunar flames, and ran to the girl.

Link readied himself to attack a second time but failed because it was blocked by Alex's sword. "Are you alright?" He asked. The girl couldn't answer him or even know what was happening right now. "Hiking." The wounds in her leg made it almost impossible to answer. "You like pain bitch." Link said, not even bothering for her life. "Please help me." Her plea was so silent that a normal person wouldn't have heard it. "I need to heal this." Alex said. His hand was emitting a goldish light and the wound was heald. "Time to kill her." Link's voice was almost inhuman, more animal like. 'I am sorry Link.' Alex's hand around Urban flame began to turn black and the blade itself too.

Kill count: 16740 the number of people that were killed by Link in the last ten years. It was almost 16741. Alex sighted. 'It is over he died and she lives. Fuck Sköll was right.' He went to the girl who was fainted to check her. "Nothing unusual except this bracelet." Alex said it looked kind of familiar. 'Shadow wolf's daughter.' "Mate to..." It was for Alex too hard to read further right now.

"Hello 112?" (The emergency number in the Netherlands) "Yes she is breathing." "Thanks. I will wait." Alex looked at her and knew who she was, his granddaughter. "Great! Fucking hell he is so stupid." Alex looked at the body of his brother and saw nothing his magic destroyed the body while killing. "Fate is a bitch." After ten minutes of waiting the Police arrived and a ambulance. "Hello officer." He knew who the officer was. "Hello Alex, who was it this time you have killed." The officer said. "Well my own brother but he wanted to kill an innocent girl." He tried to explain the situation but was cut off by the officer. "The humans had an agreement with the beast if it was kept fed he wouldn't have come closer in town." Alex muttered something in Dutch about the reality. "For ten years!? The would be great, when can you be killed then? Oh wait I have killed a serial killer. Because he was a danger to someone." Alex noticed a handwriting on the officer's paper that he knew. 'Corruption.' He thought. "Look officer." He said after a while. "That man was a monster and..." A young wolf came to me. "Hello young one." He said and the officer was surprised. "This is the beast I was talking about." He said. 'That makes sense, not everyone like a stray wolfshifter in town.' Alex thought. "Do you know who he is?" Alex asked him. The officer shook his head. "One thing is for sure he is a first generation wolfshifter." The officer said. 'It isn't rare for a werewolf and a true shifter to mate, but the only problem is there aren't any true shapeshifters left in the world.' Alex sighed at the thought of his kind dead, he was an decendant of the moonsoul Hadrian an true shapeshifter. "Will she be alright?" He asked the medics. "Yes but I think she will be scared for life." One of them said. "Thanks anyway without you she would have died." The other medic said. "But it was at a terrible cost." 'One that I hope never to have to do again." He thought and said goodbye.

The young wolf followed him, it appeared curious for Alex. "Why are you following me?" He asked the wolf. "You should be going home your parents must be worried." Alex hoped that that would do the trick. "What would you know? Your parents are always there right?" The wolf had shifted back to its human form. "I grew up with only my father and was abandoned by him when I was 15, but it seems that you have left your family. Lycaon Junior." Alex said. 'My little nephew is grown a bit, he seems happy to be a wolfshifter.' Alex walked to the boy and grabbed his hand, it was red. "Pain too much pain." Junior said. "June you know that even in your other form you can't just expect to be okay when you fall." He said and healed the wounds. "Thanks big brother." Junior thanks. 'Big brother. That brings memories back. June always knew I was older than him but he didn't mind. His father Lycaon would die though he experimented on his own son, he was so little at the time, he doesn't even remember what I did before it would escalate. I awakened his shifter genes by my mating bite.' Alex thought and regretted it partly, his nephew can't have a normal life with being with his father. "June? Shall we go to my house? I feel that you are tired." Alex said but it wasn't the whole truth, the young wolf was again experimented on. "It maybe better if you should live with us." Alex mind wasn't on the wellbeing of his cursed brother. Alex didn't see it as a curse but neither was it a blessing. "June? June? Where are you?" Alex could swear that Junior was following him. He ran backwards only finding Lycaon with him.