Chapter 36

"What?" Page replied with a slight smirk on her face.

"Yea, I mean... I like you. A lot, and I don't want her to find out about us, plus we aren't even working out. Really, I feel no spark."

"You... you're breaking up with her, for me?" She smiled.

"I guess you could say that." I smile in response.

She looks at my lips, smiling, then pulls me in gently by my neck to kiss me. I put my hand on her cheek and moan silently. I then remember we are still in the school parking lot, and Aniya's car isn't so far from Page's, so I pull away.

"We should go to your place." I smirk.

"Okay... let's go get some food first, yeah?"

"Sure."

"Where do you wanna go?"

"Wherever you want."

"But I asked you." She laughs.

"Don't care. You pick."

"But I said-"

I cut her off. "I said, you pick."

She scoffs while smiling. "Fine. You win."

I let out a small laugh, while turning my head to reveal Aniya walking to her car. Which is right next to Pages. My smile quickly fades.

"Page, we gotta go."

"Okay, okay hold on." She says as she's texting someone on her phone.

"Page, Aniya is right there!"

She looks up from her phone to look out my window. Her eyes widen. "Oh shit."

"What?" I ask shocked.

"I think she sees us. Shit what do we say?"

"Fuck." I whisper, trying not to get mad, and panic as I get out of the car to go talk to her.

She looks hurt, along with disappointed. "What the hell, Mariah? What were you doing in Page's car?"

"We were just talking, it's nothing I swear. And why are you leaving so early anyway?"

"I have to talk to my lawyer. And what were you two talking about?"

I look around to think of a lie to come up with. "I just wanted to ask her if she had anything to do with ruining your marriage. That's all."

She gave me a confused look. "Okay, so, why did you have to go in her car to do so?" She asked.

"I don't know, she just told me to follow her after school so we could talk about it. You know we can't talk about that shit in school, Aniya." I respond, as I whisper the last sentence.

She sighs in relief. "Okay. Fine. I believe you. But what did she say?"

"She said she had nothing to do with it. And I believe her, I'm not sure about you tho."

"I'm sorry, but I don't.''

"Why not?''

"Because it's plain obvious, Mariah." She inhales deeply. "She was the only one that fucking knew." She whispered.

"That we know of." I say, with my eyebrows frowned, eyes squinted because of the sunlight.

"What are you implying?"

"I don't know, okay? But I believe her."

"Are you saying that other people could have heard us talking about it at one point? Or seen us?"

I look to the side. "Possibly."

She fake laughs. "Okay. Okay, you know what I have to go meet with my lawyer. So I'm gonna go. How are you getting home?"

Me and Page were just gonna go to her house, but I clearly couldn't mention it. "My moms coming soon."

"Okay... well I'll call you, okay?"

"Yeah. Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

She finally gets in her car and drives off. I let out a big sigh and turn to go to Page's car. I get in and shut the door, and let out another sigh.

"You okay?"

"What makes you ask that? Why wouldn't I be?" I responded, although, I knew exactly why she would ask this type of question. It was pretty obvious why she would.

"You just seem... stressed. Along with, worried? But also relieved."

"It's just... I want to break up with her properly. And privately. And sooner rather than later. Ugh..."

I feel her hand on my back, rubbing it gently.

I look over to her, then down at her lips, longing for her. I smile. "Let's ditch the food for now and go to you're house."

She grins, indicating she knows what I want.

"Okay..." she responds finally turning the key in the ignition, then drives off.

While she was driving, I was thinking about Aniya. I feel bad for her. She's going through a lot right now... she did a bad thing, in result of a bad thing in return, but still. I still felt really bad, and if she found out about me and Page, who knows what would happen. I'm not sure when I'm going to do so, but I know me wanting to break up with her is a bad idea. Especially in the position she's in right now, and I'm sorry, but I just don't feel any strong connection between us anymore.

Only through Page.