Chapter 17

Hey guys! So I wanted to thank everyone for reading my first story. I really, really appreciate it. Id also love if you guys comment what you think is gonna happen in the next chapter, or just your thoughts! It's really appreciated! Okay sorry for this long intro, but here's chapter 17. :)))

_____________________

Aniya's POV.

I was grading papers then I look up to see Page walking in, with a weird smile on her face. 

"Page..." I say shocked. "What a nice surprise. How can I help you?"

"Hi Mrs Parker... How are you?" She says in a 'sassy' like tone.

I force a smile. "I'm great, actually. How are you?"

"Oh I'm great. Or, I will be."

I tilt my head in confusion laughing a bit. "I'm sorry?"

She doesn't wait, and just gets straight to the point. "I know about you and Mariah."

My smiles suddenly fades. I swallow hard then force another smile. "Excuse me?"

"Oh don't play dumb, Mrs Parker. I already know. No need to deny." She says as she leans on the desk.

"I'm not sure where you heard these absurd accusations, but I would never. Do you know I could go to jail?"

"Then why do it?" She says while smiling, sitting on the desk in front of mine. "I mean, if you already knew the consequences, why bother doing it, Mrs Parker?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say looking down at the papers on my desk, then up at her.

"Is this why she has a good grade in this class?" she says, looking around my classroom as if it were her first time here.

"That's enough." I say in my 'teacher' voice, standing up. "You could get me in serious trouble with these rumors." I'm sweating nervously, uncontrollably.

"You and I both know they aren't rumors, Mrs Parker. And like I said," she says as she leans in a bit, but not too close to my face. "Why do it? If you knew the consequences beforehand."

I stay silent and just stare into her dark blue green eyes.

"I still don't know what your talking about, Page."

"Sure." She says switching her eyes to look into each of mine. "Well. I have to go but um, tell Mariah, while you two fuck on top of one of these desks, I said hi."

And with that she lets herself out.

I start to panic.

I was wondering if I should call Mariah and tell her, but that would only freak her out.

"Shit..." I say to myself under my breath, fanning myself with my hand.

'We're so fucking screwed.' Was the only thought in my mind. I place my elbows on my desk with my hands on my head, still trying to calm myself down.

Am I really about to go to jail? I thought.

The bell finally rings, and to my surprise, Mariah walks in with a smile on her face, happy to see me. That made me happier, but I was still in sheer panic.

"Hey you." She says kissing me on the cheek.

"Hi." I say forcing a smile.

"What's wrong?" She says with a hand on my cheek brushing a thumb against it.

"Nothing," I say but I really wanted to tell her what had just happened between me and Page.

"You're lying..." she says looking into my eyes, hard. "What's going on, what happened? Aniya, tell me."

I look over her shoulder to look into the glass to make sure nobody can see us, then look back at her.

I take a deep breath then say,

"Page knows about us."