Chapter 6

Joe

When I get back to the apartment I've been sharing with Jack an hour or two later, he's not back yet. God knows where he and Kate are, I think, shaking my head. Probably shagging on the beach or something.

Incidentally, that's something I've never enjoyed. It's bloody uncomfortable. And the sand just ends up everywhere. Trust me.

I rub my eyes tiredly and figure it's probably time to turn in anyway. I need to get up early and do some car rental research. I don't know why it's so important to me but I'm determined to make sure Sienna enjoys the rest of her holiday.

Just seeing her light up tonight was enough to make me want more. It's pathetic she's ended up in this situation. But I'll do everything I can to make her smile. Within reason, obviously.

It feels like I've barely fallen asleep when a noise wakes me up. Several noises. A keycard beeping, a lock clicking, a door flying open and hitting the wall. Followed by lots of "shhhh" and giggle sounds.

You have got to be kidding me.

I'm suddenly extremely glad I forked out the extra money for a two bedroom apartment. Although from the noises still emanating directly outside my bedroom door, it appears Kate and Jack have decided to begin their foreplay in the hall.

This is not fun.

I mean, it probably is for them. But I'm the one who has to listen to it.

"Don't," I hear Jack mutter. "We'll wake up my broth- oh my god!" I hear a thud against the wall and a long moan. I can probably make an educated guess as to what Kate is doing to him right about now. I don't particularly want to think about it though.

I roll onto my side and curl the pillow around my head so I can try and smother out the noise. It's easier said than done. For someone who didn't want to wake me a couple of minutes ago, Jack is being surprisingly vocal. When he finally, presumably, orgasms, I can still hear it in surround sound, albeit slightly muffled.

"You are a fucking goddess," he informs Sienna's friend. I'm still cringing as they finally leave the hallway and his bedroom door shuts.

The relief is short lived as it's only a couple of minutes before the sex noises ramp up again, and turns out Kate is also pretty determined to make her voice heard.

I try two pillows, I try burrowing myself under the covers but it's far too warm and these walls are way too thin. I try earphones but blasting music into my ears isn't exactly going to help me sleep either.

Eventually I have to give up. I grab my pool towel, and mosquito repellent and wander down to the pool. I'll actually find it easier to sleep outside, mozzies or not, than in the next room from the mad shaggers.

Is every night going to be like this? I wonder, as I settle onto a lounger and cover myself with the towel. I'm not sure I can hack that. It reminds me of my younger days, back when I thought I could do whatever I wanted, sod other people's feelings and any other consequences. I don't really like reliving those times.

Sleep still isn't coming easy. I'm running high on irritated adrenalin now so I pull out my book and try to read that for a bit. I must finally drift off to sleep though . . . I only realise when someone lightly touches my arm and I start awake. A vision in white comes into focus, smiling worriedly at me.

It's Sienna, smiling ruefully at me.

"I thought I might find you out here," she says.

Well . . . That was awkward!🤣 Poor Joe. 😢 At least Sienna managed to track him down.

I hope you are enjoying the story! Please like, comment and share if you do. 💜