Chapter 17

Sienna

Holy crap, Joe's holding my hand!

We've held hands before, mostly to tow each other other along when one of us is dawdling though. This is not, I repeat not, the same thing.

Somewhere outside the restaurant, I felt his fingers brush mine briefly before they laced with mine. I stifled a gasp. It seemed he wasn't even aware of doing it. But there it was.

I actually feel the moment he realises as his steps falter for a moment, and his grip loosens ever so slightly. I can feel him glance down, in the direction of our intertwined hands. Then he takes a deep shaky intake of breath, and his hold tightens again. I feel myself relax, realising my own breath had paused again while I waited to see what his reaction would be.

Something has irrevocably changed in our relationship this evening. What with my intentional flirting earlier, the acknowledgement that we were both feeling . . . feelings, and then him telling me things I feel sure he rarely speaks about, we're definitely more than just holiday buddies now.

The question is, what are we going to do about it?

We pass the last building on the strip before we have to turn off for the path up to the apartments. The silence between us is so heavy now, and I need to say something, I need to break it. I'm feeling dizzy with anticipation. And slightly terrified at the weight of my feelings.

"That was a nice restaurant, wasn't it? I'd definitely go back. The baked fe- . . ."

"Sienna," he interrupts me. He stops walking and I glance at him in surprise. His eyes are dark and heavy-lidded, and his handsome face completely serious. The dim light is catching his angular features and I can feel my insides liquidising with want.

"What?" I ask, breathlessly. I can't look away as Joe swings me around and pushes me up against the wall, his body inches from mine.

A slow irresistible smile spreads across his face. "Stop babbling," he whispers. And then he tilts my head up, bends down and kisses me.

And oh my god . . . That chemistry, the attraction that has been between us from virtually the very start? It's all in this kiss. He holds my face in his hands and his lips move against mine, softly at first, before the pressure gets harder and, with a groan, his tongue slides into my mouth.

My hands slip under his shirt and onto his back, which is warm and soft, and I can't help but notice he's trembling. I am too. I feel like I'm on the cusp of combustion, just from kissing him. How could I actually survive anything more than this, anything wilder?

Joe pulls back briefly and I see the desire in his eyes. "Jesus, Sienna," he moans, dragging his lips down the side of my face, kissing my neck. I pull him closer to me and I can feel him, hard, against me, showing me once and for all just how much he wants me. He takes my lips again, his hands tangling in my hair and tugging on it slightly, and it's my turn to moan. I kiss him back, as hard as I can, trying to show him how much I want him too.

"You are so fucking hot," he breathes into my mouth at one point, and I melt against him, glad he's apparently propping me up. He drops a few more quick kisses on my lips and then pulls back, leaving me bereft.

We stay entwined though, stare into each other's eyes for a long moment while still leaning against the wall.

"You're allowed to say something, you know," Joe says eventually. His voice comes out hoarse and rasping.

"You told me to quit babbling." I point out, my own voice uneven. "I don't want to ruin the moment."

He laughs huskily. "You're the cutest babbler I've ever met," he tells me, placing a kiss on the corner of my mouth. "I just needed to concentrate for a minute and you were about to start talking about cheese again." He smooths a hand through my hair, his eyes moving over my face intently. "You're so beautiful," he says quietly. "I'm sorry I broke my promise not to touch you but I couldn't help myself."

"Are you really sorry?" I ask, smirking. He grimaces and shakes his head, green eyes sparking with dark humour.

"Not really. I kept telling myself it was platonic but it's been getting harder and harder to deny how attracted I am to you." He looks down for a moment, as if deciding something, then back up into my eyes. "I actually wanted you from the first moment I saw you getting on the transfer bus," he admits, swallowing hard.

"You did?"

I'm totally taken aback. I hadn't realised he'd already been interested in me when I stormed up to him demanding he try to separate Jack and Kate. He hid it very well.

Guilt overwhelms me. "I didn't even notice you." I confess. He nods and presses a small kiss to both cheeks. Heat gathers where his mouth has touched.

"I know. That's okay. "

"If it's any consolation, I really fancied you from the first minute I noticed you getting out of the pool yesterday though," I smile, curling my fingers around one of the belt loops on his jeans, trying to pull him closer again.

"That does help soothe my ego a little." His lips quirk upwards. "Although it does make me wonder if you just want me for my body."

"Well . . ." I joke. "I did christen you Pool Hotty in my head before I knew your name."

Joe laughs. "Not gonna lie, I kinda like it."

We kiss again. This time it's gentler, softer, more tender, less hurried. When we pull apart this time, we're both smiling. He peels me off the wall. "We should probably head back."

"I'm not sure I can manage it," I say, giggling. "My legs feel wobbly."

He takes my hand again and grins at me, his eyes bright. "Mine too."

"

Finally!!! 😍😍😍 What did you think of the kiss?

I hope you are enjoying the story! Please like, comment and share if you do. 💜