UNSAID FEELINGS

"Ayokong maging masaya ulit sa parehong taong minsan na akong sinaktan. Tama na. Leave me alone, please." She said at agad na tumakbo papasok.

....

Few days later...

After the incident in the garden, Irene was left speechless. She decided to give her daughter some space and kept her distance to respect her privacy.

She questioned whether she was rushing too quickly to make amends and maintain peace.

Irene refocused on her work, but she always made sure to stay updated on her daughter's well-being through updates from the maids.

Meanwhile, Fiona was determined to follow through with her words. She distanced herself from everyone, including Imee, Rody, and Callista.

She was currently preparing to leave for school. Despite it being a Saturday, going to school seemed like the best way for her to escape from everyone.

However, her phone began to ring. She quickly grabbed it and let out a sigh as she read the caller ID.

Calli.

Fiona got into the car and instructed the driver to take her to her university. Her phone continued to ring, but she chose not to answer it.

"Iha, sagutin mo baka importante." The driver said. Fiona sighed.

"Hindi na kuya. Hindi naman 'to importante," Fiona replied, turning her phone into silent mode.

Fiona let out an annoyed sigh as Calli persistently called her. Reluctantly, she answered the phone, her eyebrows knitted together in frustration.

"Hm?" she began. Callista squealed as she answered the phone.

["Gosh, Fionabella. Nakailang tawag na ako at di mo manlang sinasagot," Callista shuddered over the line.]

["Why?" Fiona asked.]

["You know what? Mamita was telling us to go to Ilocos for some mini bonding since it's Saturday," Callista exclaimed. Fiona paused for a moment.]

[ Fiona replied, "I'm not going, Cal. Look, I'm busy." ]

["What are you busy for? It's Saturday, girl," Calli said over the phone.]

["It's none of your business, Calli. I'm going to hang up the phone. Bye," Fiona said, not bothering to listen to her.]

After ending the call, Fiona glanced around and realized that she had arrived at her university. She stepped out of the car and entered the school, exchanging greetings with the security guard.

"Good morning, guard. Kamusta po?" Fiona asked as she scanned her I.D. The guard grinned.

"Goodmorning, Nang. Okay lang naman, maganda ang araw ko dahil maganda ang kausap ko," The guard replied, smiling.

Before entering the campus, Fiona took her ID and said her proper goodbyes. She was dressed in casual clothes, not in her uniform.

She initially planned to visit the library, but she changed her mind when she noticed a crowd of students inside the filing room.

There were many people gathering inside. Suddenly, a teacher approached Fiona and smiled. Fiona immediately recognized her.

"Good morning, Ma'am Veronica," Fiona greeted her with a smile. Veronica glanced inside the filing office.

"Mag fifile ka ba? Are you running in the school election?" Veronica asked. Fiona sighed and shook her head.

"Ay hindi po ma'am. Napadaan lang po ako dito. I'm not planning on joining the school election. Sobrang busy po ako sa acads, e." Fiona said. Veronica held her hand.