Chapter 31

***

"I'm sorry Ximena!! But your father killed my father! And I'm done hiding my vengeance from everyone!!!" Minseok yells.

Ximena was in absolute disbelief. Her face froze with absolute shook from what she just heard. Ximena fell onto her knees as her vision became a blur.

"My father isn't a murderer. He isn't..." She says in her mind.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!! YOU'RE COMING WITH US!!" The officer yells.

Minseok taps his ear piece.

"Do as they say boss. You're almost this close to meeting him. The others will continue the mission while Chungha and Ztao will follow you guys discreetly." Lay says over the microphone.

Minseok taps Ximena's shoulder to reassure her. She looks up at him and she wipes her tears away in an instant. She slowly stands up and nods at him.

"Alright!! We'll follow you!! But if you do anything to my husband or I, we'll have our people leak my father's darkest and deepest secrets !!" Ximena says.

"Do as they say or we'll be f**ked" The other officer says to the chief.

Ximena knew instantly that these cops weren't regular cops. They were working under President Lee's wing.

"But first, put all your weapon down!!" The officer says.

Minseok and Ximena drop their guns to the floor.

"And any suspicious items like trackers, microphones, or wires!!" He yells.

Minseok and Ximena did what they said. Minseok discreetly grabs her hand and gives it a firm squeeze. Both of the get in the as in officer sits next to them and points a gun towards their heads. It felt like hours being in that van, but they finally made it to their destination.

"Get out the van!!"

The door opens and both of them got out of the car. Ximena looks up to see that she was at her home.

"Boss!! They're here! Right in front of your place!!" The chief says into his walkie-talkie.

"Bring them in!!"

"Put in the passcode!" The officer points a gun towards Ximena's head and Minseok was about to lose it.

She could tell that he was about to burst, so Ximena squeezes his hand to reassure him. Ximena walks towards the gate and puts in the passcode and the gates open.

Ximena and Minseok walk in and they saw the front door open and they step in. The entire place was dreaded with quietness.

Even though Ximena has lived here her entire life and has called this place her home, this time it felt like entering a stranger's house. This place did not feel like a home to her anymore.

As soon as they entered living room, she went blank as soon as she saw her father sitting nonchalantly on the couch as he was surrounded by his bodyguards.

President Lee turns around and saw Ximena and Minseok several feet away from him.

"Look at you. You've changed so much in these past several months." He sighs with disappointment.