Chapter 39

***

"As you might well know, Ximena won't be able to attend the board meeting to discuss her future with J & K Group."

"Yeah, I know?" Minseok says.

"Has she been aware of her father's sinister actions?" The officer asks.

"Not until the incident that happened two years ago. She can't do anything because cause she didn't have physical evidence to obtain an arrest for her father." Minseok says.

Minseok glances discreetly as he notices the other officers acting strange.

"They're not doing a good job of hiding it." Minseok mumbles to himself.

"Excuse me? Did you say something else?" The officer asks

"Oh! I was wondering why Chief Han isn't here." Minseok asks.

"He's the lead investigator of another crime case." The officer says.

"Weird." Minseok mumbles.

"Chief Han isn't the type to drop a case and investigate another case." Minseok thinks.

"Anyways, let's continue the interrogation." The officer says.

"This man isn't doing great at his job. What an amateur. I can pull off being a detective better than this guy." Minseok says in his mind.

"Like I was saying..."

Before the officer can continue, another officer can in and leans towards his ears and Minseok instantly gets curious.

"Alright then."

"I'm afraid we'll have cut the interrogation short. I'll contact you so we can wrap it up." The officer stands up and hands Minseok a card.

"No problem." Minseok grabs the card and looks at it.

Minseok watches as the officer and his colleagues leave.

"Man?! Now tell me what is that you whispered to me that is was so important." The officer asks.

"It's Chief Han."

"I thought you took care of him." The officer says.

"We did, but..."

"But what?!"

"While searching upon his background check, we discovered that he is associated with Minseok. He was the one who leaked the information to Minseok, which explains why the boss is fleeing for his life. Even though President Lee wanted to spare Minseok's life and save his ass for later, he wants us to proceed and kill Kim Minseok. He said we could kidnap his daughter later. He gave us 24 hour to bring proof of his death."

"Find a plan to kill him and report it to me in an hour." The officer says.

"Yes sir."

Every officer leaves the lobby before any suspects them. Baekhyun came running in the lobby and he saw Minseok sitting down. Minseok looks up as he sees Baekhyun sitting next to him.

"Nice imposter outfit." Minseok says as he looks at the floor.

"I envy Key at his job." Baekhyun smirks.

"Did you happen to catch anything?" Minseok asks.

"They're planning on killing you in less than 24 hours."