42- all I ever asked of you

Bakugou M/n. He was explosive, and as harsh sounding as his surname. The type of name you call out in frustration, with gritted teeth, a strained jaw and spit flying everywhere.

It was not a name to ever be spoken gently, while someone cards their fingers through your hair, and allows you to lie on their lap, with no fear of being burned. It wasn't a name sighed out of relief at the end of a hard day's work, nor one to be called out in celebration or joy.

He wished it was soft. His name. His manner. 

But it was foul. And haggard. And now it was being dragged through the mud.

くコ:彡

"These are some brutal attacks coming from the elder twin, audience! Just brutal- look at that!" Present Mic was screeching in his booth, electricity crackling through the speakers and no doubt those with super-hearing had to cover their assets.

M/n's fist flew once again to slam on the ground and rearrange his trajectory. So far he'd been zig-zagging the stage, leaving scorching indents in the concrete to create a multitude of layered smoke-screens. Through these tall walls of apocalyptic massacre, he would project his form and bash against Katsuki like a heavy ball pinging in a pin-ball machine.

They would meet in the air like two soaring eagles and collide like comets.

Fall like dying stars.

くコ:彡

Each brother let out grunts and scratchy yells, taunting their bodies for not being strong enough to withstand the other. It was frustrating  to be held back by your own limitations, all this training and gruesome torture. For what?

"What horrible boys.." the crowd murmered, "their poor mother must be riddled with anxiety at the sight of them.. what awful little creatures" "they won't make heroes.. just look at them, they're vile"

The many awards, medals and certificates accumulated over the years at the YHA sunk away like tears in a pillow, as M/n realised this was his public image now. They would never bear witness to his passion to aid those in need, to sacrifice his very sanity for the normalcy of this school, this city, this entire world. they would see him as a hateful parasite, spawning exposed nerves and untreated anger issues. 

Why.. why could no-one ever see he was good?

His big, red eyes swelled with the ferocious tingling of unshed tears. Admist swirling smoke he landed harshly on the ground after having his ribs pummelled by his brother's explosions.

This was a public dissection, with him splayed out for ridicule, and as he skidded back to regain his footing, it seemed his own twin was the conductor. The one picking him apart for all to see- to reveal his blackened, ashy lungs and pumping heart. To let them feast. Hero, villain, civilian- let them feast on his insecurities and inward spite. The sword that pokes and punctures at both ends.

Give them a show, dammit. M/n stumbled at the words that shifted the air as if Dabi himself had just leant down to whisper that.

If you're the focus of attention, make them stay focused. Don't let them tear their eyes away for one single second.

All that frustration suddenly channeled itself like rising lava through a narrow seam, and split M/n's ego open.

With knuckles and forearms blazing white, he found Katsuki, that annoying fly, and pin-pointed him in the left corner of the arena, panting heavily like a dog on a hot day. If I dive forward he'll only divert himself overhead, jumping over me and probably kicking me in the back.