Preparations

When they met the Normandy, Aubrey stormed from the airlock toward the war room without bothering to remove her armor. "Legion, stay here," she ordered. "Kaidan, you're with me."

He hurried to follow her and they found the Quarian Admirals, including Tali, already there.

"You endangered us all!" Raan was yelling at Gerrel. "I should charge you with treason!"

"I was within my authority as Admiral of the heavy fleet," he maintained.

"And what of Shepard and her team? What of Tali'Zorah?!" Raan said, gesturing to them as they walked in.

"They escaped unharmed. Surely, Commander, as a military woman you can understand that mission parameters changed?"

"What I understand, Admiral," she ground out, her fists clenching at her sides. "Is that you fired on your allies!"

"The dreadnought was a perfect target," he started to argue.

Aubrey's arm shot out, grabbing Gerrel around the throat and shoving him back into the wall, silencing him so she could continue. "And, so help me God, if you EVER fire on a ship with my people on it again, the Quarians will have made an enemy of the Alliance. Am I clear?"

Gerrel's eyes had widened in shock and not a small amount of fear. He nodded and she released him. "You jeopardized our mission and your people, Gerrel. Get off. My. Ship."

At first Kaidan thought the man was going to be stupid enough to argue. He took a half step closer to Aubrey, adding the weight of his presence at her right side to the order. Gerrel's eyes flicked to his as he crossed his arms over his chest and glared at him, letting a small mass effect field gather in his hand. The Quarian wisely ducked his head in acknowledgement and left the room.

Aubrey let out her breath and leaned against him briefly, a silent thank you for his support. He ran a hand along her lower back as she straightened up, letting her know she always had it.

Admiral Raan proceeded to update them. The Quarian fleet had taken heavy losses during the fight before the Reaper signal had been deactivated, including Admiral Koris' ship, which had crash landed on the planet.

"The Normandy can assist in rescue efforts," Aubrey volunteered.

"Thank you, Commander."

"We are prepared to assist, as well, Shepard Commander," Legion said walking into the room.

"What the hell?!" Raan said in surprise, drawing her pistol at Legion.

"Easy!" Aubrey said, reaching out and lowering her arm. "This is Legion. They helped me against the Collectors."

Raan lowered her weapon. Xen's eyes took on a calculating gleam behind her mask where she stood on the other side of her.

"Fascinating. With some study I may be able to use this platform to find a weakness in the Consensus," she mused.

"This platform is not available for experimentation, Creator Xen," Legion said succinctly.

"If you're going to start threatening members of my team, Xen, then you can join Gerrel in getting the hell off my ship," Aubrey told her.

"A member of your team?" she replied incredulously. "And is your pistol a member of your team? Should I start worrying about its feelings?"

"I don't think you want to continue this line of thought, Admiral. Legion is nothing like my pistol. They have consciousness and independent thought. They're a member of my team and will be given the same respect as the rest. Understood?"