CHAPTER 370: long and happy life

The day of Imperial’s great General’s birthday finally arrives as the clear sky turned dark. Unlike other birthday event of prestige families, General Ji made sure to have the soldiers secure the premises. He didn’t want any mass media lurking inside or outside of the Ji Mansion.

Like every year before, he made it clear that he only wanted a peaceful and relaxing day for his 75th birthday with family and friends.

Through the gate of the Ji Mansion, one by one, luxurious cars slowly enter. However, instead of going to the front of the house, they are directed to the side.

There, Grandfather Ji had built an adjoining building as the grand ballroom of the Ji Mansion.

He was never one to go out and celebrate his birthday, because he did not like to attract attention. Thus, he decided to construct his own place at home.

As the cars pulled up to the front entrance of the ballroom, the invited guests exit their vehicles one after another. Some family members could not make it, but one or two of their family members still came out of respect.

Important events like this welcomed guests from many prestige families and a good chance to find good marriages for sons and daughters.

However, it was not only prestige families that Grandfather Ji had invited. He had also invited those from ordinary families that he is close acquaintances with.

No matter what anyone has to say, it is his birthday and he can invite whoever he wants.

Of course, this is also something those from wealthy families came to understand.

Even if they did not want to be in the same room as someone of a lower background than them, they had no choice. If they dare to complain, it would mean disrespecting the almighty General.

"The General’s birthday is as grand as always."

"Indeed worthy of Imperial’s infamous General, look at the decorations."

The guests enter the grand ballroom and were taken by surprise at the marvelous set up of the place. Round tables place in the neatly order with red chairs that surround it. Tied across the room were red and gold lanterns with a huge banner against the center wall that said, ’Happy Birthday, Ji Huan."

Amazed by the enchantment of the ballroom, everyone’s eyes landed on the person sitting ahead. Even from a far they can tell who this person is.

Grandfather Ji sat in a gold chair clothe in a traditional gold changshan with black trousers.

None were surprise to see him out of his military uniform. From their knowledge of the old man, he did not like to wear his uniform outside of military lines.

He felt that when he does, there is a boundary that separates him from others, thus, he likes to wear traditional changshan in hopes that others will be more comfortable with him.

Plus, it is his birthday and he wishes to converse with everyone like ordinary people in the world.

First to arrive, a family of three slowly walks up to the old man. The father and mother took the lead as their daughter follow behind.

Politely gesturing a bow to the old man, each person spoke at the same time.

"General Ji, may your fortune be as boundless as the East Sea and may you live a long and happy life."

Grandfather Ji smiles a nod and wave his hand, "Today is my birthday, no need for formalities. Address me by my name is enough."

The father of the family chuckles and place one hand behind his back, "Dong family wishes Ji Huan a prosperity life."