CHAPTER 392: in the future

Grandfather Ji stares at Yue Ling with slightly furrow brows.

She said that her and Lu Tian have a gift to give him? Didn’t they already give him gifts during the birthday celebration?

His head lower to her hand that is placed over his and he narrow his eyes.

However, unable to read the situation, he looks up at her and smiles.

"What else is there that can possibly top the gifts you both have already given me?"

Yue Ling’s smile widens as she softly chuckles at his words. She takes a deep breath and turn to look at the man standing at her side.

Met with her eyes, Lu Tian did not make a sound but lightly nod his head.

Knowing that they should not beat around the bush, Yue Ling turns back to her grandfather.

Staring at his face, she sighs inside at how much he has grown older these past few years. He used to never have wrinkles, but now she could see the fine lines clearly.

A very faint smile curls on her lip and she part her lips.

"Yeye, you have always taught me the way of life and guided me to right path."

Her head lowers to the hand that she is holding.

These hands are the proof of how much her grandfather has lived life in hardship.

These hands are also the hands that held hers from a young age until now.

Never once did he let go.

Thinking about all the effort he has put in her life, Yue Ling gently caress the back of his hand with her thumb.

Slowly blinking her eyes, she raise her head to look back at him.

"I hope that in the future, you will guide our child the same way you did for us."

She sighs a smile and her words continue.

"Teach our child the things we cannot and show our child the world that we cannot."

As her words fell, Grandfather Ji felt like he was going to have heart attack. Not in a bad way, but a good way.

It was like there is a delay in transferring all her words from one side of his brain to the other.

Like something like this had happened before.

Ah, that’s right. This scene was like the day his daughter and son-in-law told him that he was going to be a grandfather.

Just as the thought processed in his mind, his eyes widen and he stares in disbelief at Yue Ling before looking at Lu Tian.

His mouth opens and close, but it was like all the words in his brain had been put on pause.

Seeing his stunned reaction, Yue Ling chuckles and she slowly pass the ultrasound picture to him.

"Yeye, I hope that you will be in mine and Lu Tian’s child’s life."

She stares into his eyes and sighs a smile.

"I hope that you can be another shelter for our child, so he or she will know that no matter what happens, you will be another place called home."

Listening until the end, Grandfather Ji did not utter a sound.

Even he doesn’t know what to think at this moment.

However after a long minute passed, his eyes slowly lowers to the photo in the Yue Ling’s hand.