Chapter 25

(Mark's POV)

I still can't help but wonder if they're keeping something from us. School was still the same even if friendship weren't. It's funny how life works like that. Things might feel different. When it's exactly the same. School just dragged on, life at home was the same. It wasn't worse. My dad still has work most of the time, and my mom is still busy, so I spent most of my time at home with Amber. Recess was a little different, it felt different. Or at least from my side. I started playing football again hoping to avoid Olly. when I joined them, Alex was all over my case

"Aww did your friend get boring? I mean I can understand why," he said.

I just decided to say something back "No, I just think the weather's better." he just rolled his eyes.

"Just so you know his family is weird," he said

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"He lives on my street and his family is just weird. It looked like they were visiting and they're all really tall and they seem to fight all the time."

"All people have disagreements." I said, deafening my friend thought, I'm not sure why.

"No, the people visiting were getting into physical fights. Like hitting each other, it was pretty funny to watch."

"Glad to know you enjoy people getting hurt," I said.

"Let's just play, you're on my team," Alex said, moving on. We played for the rest of recess. At the end I went back to the classroom. History is so boring. We're still learning about the Revolutionary war. luckily, we are almost done with this unit. This is so boring we always learn about this at some point. I could tell Olly thought so too. He was folding paper under his desk. Though what a waste of time. Folding paper, what's the point in that? After a while I looked over to see if he was still doing that weird thing. The paper looked a little different; it was in the shape of some sort of animal. I asked him about it after class.

"So, history was boring?" I asked.

"I guess."

"What were you doing with that piece of paper?"

"Oh, folding it," he said.

"Why? Isn't that a waste of time?" He shrugged.

"I can't wait for the next unit," I said.

"Me neither," he told me. I thought it was just because he was bored of this topic. It turns out it's for a different reason. One That I wouldn't have expected.