Chapter 28

(Amber's POV)

After art class, Olivia grabbed her stuff and headed outside. I mean it was the end of the day and we were packing up, but most of the time she takes her time. She's probably in a rush today. I forgot something in Homeroom, so I went to grab it. I was just about to leave when I noticed a piece of paper on the floor near the trash. I picked it up and put it in the trash bin, but I noticed it had Olivia's name on it. I figured she had dropped it. She had already left so I took it to the teacher and told him that I think Olivia dropped it. He told me that he would give it to her tomorrow. I grabbed the rest of my stuff and started to leave the classroom.

"Amber, wait." he said.

"What is it?"

"Did you see Olivia drop this?"

"No, I just have her name on it," I said. "Why?"

"Well it looks like a letter to her. And I was just wondering if you saw her drop it."

"Why? Is it important? I know where she lives so I could ask my Mom to drop it off."

"No, I just hoping she never read this."

"Why what's wrong?" I was wondering what was even written on the letter.

"He looked out the window, your mother is here," he said. "You don't want to keep her waiting."

"Can you just tell me what the letter says?" I asked.

He sighed, "it just says some not so nice things about her and her family. And not a word about this ok?" I nodded and left the room. Though who would say mean things about my best friend.

"Hey," Mark said once I got in the car. "You were late getting out."

"I was just talking to my teacher about something," I said. We started to drive away from the school. We passed by my friend's house. Normally we saw her while she was walking to school , but this time Olivia and Olly were at the front door. She looked happy. So hopefully she didn't read the letter. Hopefully.