Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the sun shining down in my eyes. My head was pounding in my ears causing a major headache. I tried to get up but pain flooded throughout my body. Starting with my legs then shot down to my toes.

What?

Why was I in pain?

I tried to remember what had happened last night...

*The Night Before*

I heard the front door open and slam closed, making the house rattle. I sighed knowing my boyfriend was home, Robert. He was obviously drunk by the way he was stumbling over the furniture.

"Hey babe." He slurred. I got up from the couch to help him to the bedroom. He obviously can't do it him self. "Hey honey. " I smiled at him. He gave me a disgusted look and we continued to the bedroom. I let go of him and turned around to shut the door behind us.

I spun around on my heels and got slapped to the floor instantly. I whimpered as my body smacked off the hard wood floor. I held my cheek still feeling Roberts hand slap across my face. I looked up at him. he was chuckling with a pleased look on his face.

I forced myself not to cry, I knew that's what he wanted me to do. He would hit me and I would cry, like always. I tried to be strong this time. I stood up slowly, my knees shaking. I know I should defend myself but I was scared, no terrified. Robert was a big guy. If I ever try to fight back he could really hurt me.

"What's wrong babe? Did I hurt you?" He said faking a smile and walking towards me.

I started to back up, knowing I'd run into the wall. I changed direction and started to run towards the door. He quickly shut the door I had opened and pushed me against it, slamming my back against the door. I whimpered at the force. He's never been this rough with me before. Robert chuckled looking down at me, laughing at my pain.

"Robert, please. Can't we go to bed?" I asked with pleading eyes. I always gave in and gave him what he wanted, my dominance. Knowing he had me frightened and have me pleading with him. I didn't want any more bruises, I already had some on my legs from the last time.

I was snapped out of my thoughts with him pushing me more into the door. There was no space between us, I felt uncomfortable. Without knowing it I put my hands to his chest and pushed him away from me.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

He was fuming. "What the fuck are you doing?!" He screamed at me. "I'm sorry Robert! I didn't mean it! I swear! It was an accident. "

Tears spilled over. Instead of hurting me he smiled. Knowing he made me cry. "Robert, please. I love you. I would never do it to hurt you. " I lied straight through my teeth.

He slowly walked back to me, a smirk on his face. "Babe, it's fine. " He leaned down and kissed my lips slowly. I kissed back even though I didn't want to. His breathe reaked of booze.

All of a sudden he released from the kiss and connected his knuckles to my jaw, knocking me to the floor yet again. I slid across the hardwood floor holding my face. I starting crying in a heap on the floor.

"Stupid bitch. Don't even lay a hand on me again! You do and your dead. Here me?!" I didn't answer. "HERE ME?!" He screamed. I jumped and nodded at him slowly. "Good, now get in bed, I'm tired and don't want to handle you anymore. " I nodded and climbed into my side of of bed. I slowly stopped crying and went into an unsteady sleep...

Someone save me.

*NOW*

I stared at the ceiling, lost in thought. I glanced out of the corner of my eye, Robert was fast asleep. Thank god. I rolled out of bed and decided to get a shower.

Not to wake Robert I went to the hallway bathroom and not ours. I stared at myself in the mirror, I looked horrid. My bruises were as visible as ever,my eyes were puffy and red from crying all night, and my hair sticking in random places. I titled my head to get a look at my jaw. There was a bruise where he punched me.

Great.

I sighed and and turned on the shower to let the water heat up. I stepped into the shower letting my brain empty from all the jumbles thoughts. Showers were my escape from everything, especially Robert. Something about the hot water is inviting, melting my worries and cares away. After I washed my hair and body I turned the water off and wrapped a big cotton towel around myself.

I slowly walked back to the bedroom and got dressed for work. I slid on skinny jeans and my work shirt. I walked out of the bedroom shutting the door quietly not to wake Robert. I went back into the bathroom and stared at myself again. I sighed and grabbed my makeup bag from the counter.

I tried my best to cover up the bruises. There was a slight pigment from them but it wasn't that noticeable. Once satisfied, I started on my hair. I grabbed my hair mousse and staring scrunching it. I couldn't risk turning on my blow drier and waking Robert.

Feeling okay with my appearance I walked out shutting the bathroom light off. I walked down stairs and into the kitchen. I started making coffee when I heard someone walking down the stairs, Robert. I sighed and opened the fridge.

I flinched when I felt two bigs arms wrapping around my waist. He rested his chin on my shoulder. "Hey Darling. " he whispered in my arm before kissing it. "Good morning Honey" I replied. That's the thing with Robert. When he gets drunk he doesn't remember a thing from the night before. He doesn't remember violently abusing me. He thinks everything is okay when it really isn't.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask as he lets go of my waist and leans against the island. I shut the fridge and stand in front of him. He shook his head.

"I'm not really hungry, but can you get me a cup of coffee?" He smiles staring at me. I nod and get two mugs out of the cabinet and get our coffee. I hand him his. "Thanks Babe. " he walks into the living room and turns the tv on.

I glanced at the clock 8:30. I had to be at work in 15 minutes. I sighed and placed my mug in the sink.

"Hey honey I have to leave for work. When I come home what do you want for dinner?" I ask him as I gather my things. "Hmm, can we go out tonight? We haven't in a while." He replied while sipping on his coffee.

'Because you abuse me that's why' I thought to myself.

"Sure. Sounds fun. Bye!" I smile at him slipping into my DMs. He waves and I run out of the house grabbing my bag. Finally, my escape.

Work.

Authors notes: YAY! (: this is my first fanfic ever so sorry if I'm a bit rusty. The next chapter will be a lot longer. (: