Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Text me later." Bridget was dropping me off at my flat after the mall. 

We were sitting outside of my flat in Bridget's car, just talking.

I gave her a small smile. "I will. Thank you for tonight. Let's do it again sometime." Bridget's face lit up as she smiled. 

"Bye." I climbed out of her car stepping onto the concrete. I stood there watching her small car drive away down the street. I sighed when I saw it completely disappear around a corner. My mind kept going back to Robert the whole time. 

I don't understand what he meant by "warning" me? The warning I need is to watch my back around Robert. I feeling like I'm missing something, something about what Robert told me.

Shoving my thoughts to the back of my mind, I walked up my porch steps. 

I dug my hand into my jean pocket to fish out my keys. I tugged the cold metal keys out of my pocket, sliding it into the lock of my front door. The door pushed open with a creak, exposing a dark and empty house.

In one swift motion I shut the door and turn on the living room light. 

I heard a shuffling noise in the kitchen.

The sound of feet across the hardwood floor.

'Someones in the house' I thought almost immediately.

I shifted my body so my back was against the wall. I pushed my whole body against the wall, moving as quiet as possible. 

I finally made my way right outside the kitchen doorway.

'What if I don't make it?'

Of course you will, think positive.

'What if it's a murderer?'

It was nice knowing you life.

'What if it's-

My thoughts were cut off by a loud crash coming from the kitchen.  Before I realized it I was screaming as loud as I could, running away from my burglar.  I made it halfway to the front door when two strong arms wrapped around my waist. My screams died down as I realized it wasn't a forced embrace, but a smoothing one. 

I couldn't force myself to turn my head to met the face of my burglar, unaware of the outcomes.  We stayed, wrapped in each others warm embraces for who knows how long.  The unknown man shifted his head, leaning down next to mine. The smell of linen and lemons clouded my senses.

"I didn't mean to scare you."

His raspy course voice made me shiver.

Harry.

My mouth instantly felt dry. unable to speak. He brought his arm across my chest, placing his fingers on my opposite shoulder of his chin. He swayed us back and forth humming in my ear a soft and gentle tone.

His actions always left me breathless. My stomach would do flip flops as I would throw up any second. His gentle touch shooting chills down my spine. I don't know what this boy does to me but it's controlling me. Whenever he's around I can't speak. It's like I don't have too, he knows what he does to me already.  "Baby, I know that sometimes you want to erase me.." Harry's raspy tone sang gently against my shoulder. He ran his fingers up and down my arm slowly ,his touch like velvet across my skin as shivers ran up and down my back. 

"Especially after what we've been through lately."  Harry swayed me to the beat he was singing.

I find it soothing when he sings to me. In the short time I've known him, he sings to me all the time. Always something that fits the situation,  always something soft. That's what I find really interesting about Harry. He's always caring and gentle. That's what I find the most intriguing. He has a bad temper and can spas out at anytime but past that, he's a sensitive soul.