Chapter 29

It's been two weeks since that beautiful night Harry and I got together. And things could never be more perfect. 

I haven't seen Robert in two weeks since he tried to make me pancakes, nor have I seen…Bridget. 

I've seen Carter a few times because of work but my main focus is Harry. 

We have been doing everything with each other, everything under the sun. 

We took a small three day road trip this weekend actually. He took me camping where his parents used to take him when he was little. This was the first time he's mentioned anyone in his family so I got extremely excited. We cuddled by the fire for two nights straight while getting wasted on s'mores. 

I would go back there any day with him if he asked, I'd go in a heartbeat. 

Besides bonding with Harry, I had started working at the CD shop again. 

"Hays, can you put these CDs back where they belong?" Carter and I are covering the 3-5 shift while Mr.Casher is away on a conference. 

"I sure can Car." I smiled. I grabbed the dusty CD's and began putting them in the correct slots. 

I can't wait for this shift to be over. 

"And if you really love me you will put these files on Mr. C's desk. Pretty please with a cherry on top." Carter flashed me a smile. 

"You kill me boy. But yes, just set them down." I nodded to the counter. 

"Sure thang." He clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth. 

One day I will be put in charge of this place and I can order him around. 

Hopefully I find a better job before that happens. 

After I finished putting the CD's back I shuffled over to grab the stack of files. 

I'm kind of curious if my file is back where it is supposed to be. Maybe it was just lost in all the papers on the floor that day. 

I heard a phone going off in the staff closet but before I could say anything, Carter was running towards it leaving me in the dust. 

Curiousity got the best of me on why he was in such a rush to answer the phone. I quietly tip-toed to the staff door and placed my ear gently up to it. 

"What do you want, I'm at work and she's in the next room! Wait…what? File, what file? Oh shit I completely forgot. I wasn't worrying about the little things to this pl-. Yes, yes, I'll put it back right now. Yes it's in my hand. I'll just put it away when she's not looking. Okay. Bye." I heard him end the call and start digging through his bag. I panicked and started running to the office door but tripped over a bump in the rug. 

Papers flew in every direction leaving me blinded on where I was going to fall. I screamed and landed on my forearm. 

"Hayley? What happened!" Carter was by my side in no time helping me up. 

"The stupid rug tripped me when I was walking to Mr.C's office." I shake my head and laugh, trying to cover up that I was actually being nosey. 

"Hayley, Hayley, Hayley. You need to learn to be careful." He smiled and leaned down to pick up papers. "Something bad is going to happen to you some day and you won't know what to do." His voice was different this time, it was distance. Like he wasn't even saying it. I stared at the back of his head. 

"File, what file?" 

"I'll put it away when she's not looking."