Lies

Kensi and Deeks looked at each other and then back to the woman. Zoey was sitting on Deeks' lap, playing with a doll.

"Now, I've only became Ms. Taylor's boss a few weeks so we've never met. My name is Jenny Summers and I believe that your lying to us"

"Ms Summers we haven't done anything. Everything we say or do is the truth" Kensi lied softly.

"Mrs Deeks, let's start at the beginning. Now from what I've seen, the both of you and Ms Taylor know each other for a long time"

"We work with her husband"

"And where do you work?"

"Cyber security" Kensi said.

"Right well, I've been talking to Ms Taylor and she said her husband is a securities trainer. What is your real job? and I believe it would be a good idea if you brought Mr Callen down here and have a talk with him because if he is making Ms. Taylor lie to us, he can't be a good man"

"Ms Summers, Callen is a great man" Deeks said.

"Ms Taylor, call Callen and tell him to come down as soon as possible"

"Is that necessary?"

"Yes it is. Now go"

Joelle nodded her head and left.

"Daddy?" Zoey whispered.

"Yes princess"

"I'm hungry"

"Okay well we'll hopefully be done here soon"

Zoey nodded her head and rested her head on his soldier. Joelle walked back in and put her phone in her pocket.

"Ms Taylor, bring Zoey to the kitchen and get her a snack"

Joelle nodded her head and Zoey jumped off Deeks and ran to Joelle. Joelle held her hand and they walked to the kitchen. Summers looked at Kensi and Deeks and pulled out a large file and a slim file.

"Do you know what these are?"

"No"

"These are full of the important information we have on the children and parents. Now, can you guess which one is your file?"

"That one?" Deeks asked charmingly as he pointed to the large one.

Summers shook her head and Deeks pointed to the slim one and she nodded her head.

"We only have your names and Zoey's name. Zoey's date of birth and phone numbers in case of an emergency and in this one, there is the parents names, contacts, date of birth, age, address, the parents occupation and that's not even half"

"Ms Summers, why do you have to know our occupation?"

"I would like to know if your daughter is in a safe environment and she is not in danger"

"Zoey is in a safe environment and she is never put in harms way"

"Well that's good but what about you too?"

"What about us?"

"Are you safe?"

"Of course we are"

"Well, I've been watching the security footage and you are often late and your clothes are destroyed"

Before Kensi and Deeks could say anything, Joelle and Zoey walked in. Zoey walked over to Deeks and sat on his lap again. Zoey rested her head on his shoulder again and played with her doll.

"I'm only doing this for Zoey's sake"

Zoey looked at Summers confused

"Zoey, sweetie, do you feel safe at home?"