Relax

Deeks was discharged from the hospital a few days later. He wasn't working for a few days and the boredom was driving him crazy. Kensi woke up and saw Deeks sleeping next to her. She checked the time and saw it was only 4am. Kensi knew she wasn't going to go back to sleep so she got up and walked downstairs and into the kitchen. She hasn't been sleeping properly since Deeks was shot but hasn't said anything to Deeks about it. She made a coffee and sat at the table. She stared into space for a while and suddenly heard a noise. Kensi looked at the kitchen door and saw Deeks walk through. Deeks looked at her and saw she was wearing black shorts and one of his old LAPD t-shirts.

"Why are you up?" Deeks asked as he made coffee.

"Couldn't sleep" Kensi sighed after a long pause.

Deeks walked over to the table and sat next to Kensi.

"I know you aren't sleeping.... Why?"

"I-I-I jus- ....  I don't know" Kensi stuttered.

"Kens, please.."

Deeks took Kensi's hand and squeezed it and looked into Kensi's eyes. Kensi sighed and looked away.

"Ever since the hospital, I can't sleep because I'm worried"

"Why?"

"Uh- I keep having dreams that someone is uh- going to kill us"

"Kens.. We are going to be okay"

"Yeah, I know"

Kensi gave Deeks a small smile and Deeks returned a smile. He pulled Kensi's hand and she stood up and sat on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist and Kensi turned her head to face her husband. Deeks looked at her face and gave a small toothless smile.

"What?" Kensi asked.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?"

Kensi blushed and kissed Deeks.

"I love you Fern"

"I love you too Max"

Kensi rested her head his shoulder and yawned.

"Let's go to bed" Deeks said.

Kensi nodded her head and stood up. Kensi and Deeks got into bed and Kensi rested her head on his chest.

"Goodnight Kens"

"Goodnight Marty"

They both fell asleep and woke up a few hours later. Deeks woke up first and looked at Kensi. She was sweating and shaking in her sleep. Deeks placed his hand and on her shoulder and tried to wake her.

"Kens" He whispered.

Kensi didn't wake up.

"Kensi" he said louder.

She opened her eyes and quickly sat up. Kensi looked at Deeks and he was sitting up and looked worried. She rubbed her face with her hands and looked at Deeks again.

"Sorry"

"Kens, what's going on?"

"Not-Nothing I'm fine"

"Tell me"

"I told you"

"No, this seems more than worrying about someone coming after us"

"What's going to happen to Zoey?"

"What?" Deeks asked.

"Everyday we put lives on the line and what if someday, we don't make it?"

"Nothing is going to happen to us. Yes, we put our lives on the line but we always make it alive and if something does happen to us, she will be safe"

"And what if she's not?"

"She will be, trust me"

Kensi nodded her head. Deeks pulled Kensi into his chest and she started to relax. Deeks stroked her hair and Kensi focused on her breathing. Suddenly, there was a loud knock at the front door. Kensi and Deeks got out of bed.

"I'll get it" Deeks said.

"I'll wake Zoey"

Kensi walked into Zoey's room and sat on the side of her bed.

"Zoey" She whispered and shook her shoulder.

Zoey woke up and faced Kensi. Zoey started coughing and couldn't catch her breath. Kensi patted her back and once she stopped, Zoey lied back down.

"Mommy, I don't feel good"

"Okay, get some rest and I will give you something when you wake up"

"Okay" Zoey said as she closed her eyes.

Kensi covered her with her blanket and walked out. Kensi walked downstars and heard Deeks talking to someone at the door. As she got closer, she saw it was .......

THANKS FOR READING XX WHO DO YOU THINK IS AT THE DOOR? DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE XX