C3

When Kim Seokjin's car was far into the distance, Song Areum turned toward Park Jennie with a deep scowl. She crossed her arms and glared daggers from her eyes.

Park Jennie shrunk back, knowing she was in for an earful.

"Another blind date?! That was the fifth time this month!" Song Areum bit out, her temper slightly rising.

No matter how many times she told Park Jennie that she was fine being single, the stubborn woman wouldn't listen! Blind dates after blind dates and in the least expected times too!

"But Areum, you're going to be lonely when I leave for my trip next month!" She whined, grabbing Song Areum's arm and swaying her side by side.

Song Areum sighed, pinching the spot between her brows. "Like I've told you a billion times before, I'm fine being single. I like my peace and quiet." She frowned. She knew Park Jennie was looking out for her. The blind dates came from good intentions, but she was beginning to grow annoyed at Jennie's persistence.

What's wrong with being single?

"But, Areum-"

"No buts." Song Areum interrupted, hailing down a cab to take her home.

Park Jennie pouted upon seeing how eager she was to leave her. "Don't leave me yet! You might not be lonely, but I most certainly am!" Like a child eager to spend more time with her parents, she clung onto her Areum.

Song Areum laughed at her childish friend.

Park Jennie's pout was absolutely adorable and if she was a man, she'd surely do anything to please her.

But she wasn't and pouts didn't work on her. "My dear, you have a lot more friends—"

"But I like you the most!" Park Jennie childishly stomped the ground, her silver anklets twinkling.

The long list of friends and acquaintances that Park Jennie had were endless. It was incredible how she was able to make so many friends have constant plans, and yet still have time for herself.

Because Park Jennie was the only daughter of the prestigious and wealthiest family in the country, many people clung onto her like flies. They always sought after Park Jennie's presence in social gatherings because it would significantly boost their status.

Song Areum was different.

She didn't follow after Park Jennie like a lost puppy. Instead, she was independent and very selective of her friends, which forced Park Jennie to cling onto her instead.

"Don't be mad at me, Areum. I only wanted the best for you." Park Jennie widened her eyes and jutted her lips out into a deeper pout.

Song Areum laughed and patted Ruqin's head. "Okay, okay, fine. Come to my house and I'll lecture you for a bit more, then we can watch that show you really like."

- - - - -

After going back to Song Areum's apartment condo, binge-watching an entire season of a variety show on blind dates, and then throwing popcorn at the screen, Park Jennie was officially burned out. Slumped on the couch, she was in a deep slumber. She slept like a child with her body curled into a ball and arms tucked underneath her face.

Song Areum chuckled at the sight and placed a heavy blanket over her. After tying up her long hair, she began to clean up the mess they've made. If this was the woman from two years ago, she would've left the chore to the house cleaner.

Song Areum figured it was best to not be so lazy. She was twenty-three this year and a grown adult. Being able to clean the house and do her laundry was something she should have mastered the minute she moved out of her parent's house.