C6

After Park Jihoon had readily agreed to the plan within the span of three seconds, Song Areum knew that she was cornered with nowhere to run to. So, she willingly surrendered to Park Jennie's plan and prayed for the best.

Right after Park Jihoon agreed to the plan, Park Jennie's phone went off. Her manager had called Park Jennie to audition, for a perfume campaign of a very prominent company. With no power to go against her stern manager, Park Jennie remorsefully parted ways with Song Areum.

Sometimes, it amused Song Areum how clingy Park Jennie was. They've been like this since they were in diapers...

Song Areum walked out of the hospital and realized how early in the afternoon it was. The sun was bright in the sky, and it was only two in the afternoon.

Because her schedule was blank without any important meetings with her grandfather, Song Areum decided to burn some time and roam around the streets of Seoul.

After a few hours of mindless window shopping, enjoying lunch at a cute little cafe, and visiting the closest bookstore, the sun was finally going down.

Song Areum glanced at her watch and was surprised to read it was six o'clock. She was more surprised that even after her long walks, she was still within the vicinity of Asan Medical Center. As a matter of fact, the enormous white building was just across the street.

Deciding that it was best to go home, she was prepared to hail a cab home, but something caught her attention.

An old grandmother was selling vegetables, but she didn't seem to have done a lot of business. Her cart was still full, despite the long day she spent trying to sell them.

Song Areum hurriedly walked to the nearest corner store, bought a packet of hand warmers, then walked to the elderly woman.

"Good afternoon, ma'am." Song Areum politely greeted the old woman.

She was surprised at the sight of a wide variety of locally grown vegetables. They seemed to be really fresh and well-grown.

"Good afternoon, young lady." The woman smiled, revealing fine likes of wrinkles of an aged grandmother.

"It's quite cold tonight, this should warm you up." Song Areum placed the hand warmer into the granny's hand, surprising her in the process.

"Oh my, thank you, dear. I didn't think youngsters these days were so polite." She brightly said, placing a few extra pieces of vegetables into Song Areum's bag for free.

"Ah, there's no need-" But it was too late, the woman had already placed a few additional things into Song Areum's bag.

"Don't worry dear. Kindness is priceless." The woman smiled again, her eyes crinkling.

Song Areum bit her lips and decided that it was best to buy more. The vegetables were decently priced, maybe a bit lower than the commercially grown supermarket plants, but the grandmother was really humble about the prices.

"Oh my, what a big family you have to feed." The granny chuckled at the amount of vegetable that Song Areum was buying.

"No, no, I don't have a family. I just really enjoy eating vegetables." Song Areum chuckled at the idea of a family. Did she look that old? Perhaps a new mother? The sudden thought of becoming a mother prickled her heart. Suddenly, painful memories threatened to resurface, but Song Areum managed to compose herself and push them down.

"My grandfather really like organic and locally grown food from the countryside. He thinks it's healthier." Song Areum explained, picking up a few more leafy greens.

She hadn't made him home-cooked meals in a while and thought it might be a good gesture to visit him soon and cook for him.

"Indeed it is." The woman nodded to herself, weighing the vegetables that Song Areum picked up.