C37

First Hospital.

After the nurse finished changing the bandages, more doctors came in to examine Song Areum and check up her condition. Surprisingly, Han Wuting was nowhere in sight. After asking about it, she discovered he was switched with another doctor and, not surprisingly, it was a female one.

She already had a feeling that Park Jimin was behind the switch.

She could only sigh upon hearing the news. He was the best neurosurgeon in the entire hospital, yet that overly jealous Park Jimin swapped him for someone else. Besides, it's not like their blind date went anywhere since neither of them kept in contact nor did they seemed intrigued with each other.

Song Areum boredly lounged around in her hospital room the entire day and when she noticed that the sun has already set, she began to grow aggravated. Staying at the hospital was boring and lonely. It was one of the main reasons why she hated hospitals. There was nothing to do here except sleep, watch TV, be bothered by nurses every few hours, and then sleep! She didn't have any company nor did she have the freedom to walk around as she pleased.

Even though the room had a scented humidifier, she could still smell the underlying chemical - the same one from her past.

Deciding she had enough of her suffocating room, she unhooked her IV drip and walked to the closet to see if there were clothes she could wear. She sighed when she saw that there was only a fresh hospital gown. Not wanting to walk out in a hospital gown, she thought about calling Park Jennie to pick up a few sets of clothes, but then decided against it. She knew Park Jennie would only advise her to go back to bed.

Song Areum originally wanted to take a walk in the public park built inside First Hospital, but knew it would be too chilly to simply walk outside in a thin hospital gown. She was prone to getting cold, even in warmer temperatures, so the biting cold outside now wouldn't do her any good, but she still didn't want to remain in this hospital room.

"Maybe taking a walk in the halls wouldn't be that bad..." She muttered to herself, deciding to at least try and exercise her legs. She changed her hospital gown to the cleaner one she found in the closet and opened the door.

Instantly, she was greeted with by very broad backs covered in a black suit. Her lips thinned in annoyance. Of course she would have bodyguards outside!

"Uhm, excuse me, I want to be let out." She told them, but they remained still. She shrugged and took one step forward but a gruff and deep voice spoke up.

"I apologize Ma'am, but our orders were to keep you in this room. You cannot leave without our Boss's permission."

Without permission?! She's not a child! Why did a grown adult like her need constant supervision like this? Grounding her teeth, she seethed, "Who is your Boss?"

They didn't respond.

"Is it my grandfather?"

"..."

She scowled at their lack of response. "Is it Song Yun Gak?"

"..."

"Is it Jae Hwan?"

"..."

Song Areum resisted the urge to chuck something at them. Their silence was beginning to irk her more and more by the second.

"Alright then, is it Seung Woo?"

Still no response.

"Okay, gentlemen, at least give me a surname to work with." She sighed, pinching the spot between her brow. She thought about it and found the perfect response. If they were loyal to Park Jimin, they wouldn't handle disrespect to their Boss's name lightly.