C81

"Young Miss, I’m afraid to say this, but the Master has forbidden us to grant anyone’s entry to the Madam’s sleeping corridors. She is currently obtaining much-needed rest." The maid bowed her head apologetically.

Stationed in front of the entrance were the servants of the household, all ready to greet the Young Miss but also send her off at the same time.

Park Jennie’s usually cheerful face was stormy and cold when she looked onto the servants. In some sort of way, her standoffish behavior resembled that of her older brothers.

"I’m not just ’anyone.’" She frowned, the edges of her lips dipping down. Her arms were crossed and she impatiently tapped her foot.

The servants nervously exchanged a glance. They were not only familiar with their Young Miss’s angelic face, but also her bad temper. When she didn’t get what she wanted, many people would suffer. It was one of the reasons why Park Jimin always sent her back to the Main Mansion for discipline. She was too spoiled and the only ones that could keep her in control were her parents. Song Areum was a rare exception because only in her presence would Park Jennie behave like an angel.

"Step aside." She tilted her head towards her security team. "I don’t want blood to shed on my brother’s property."

From the distance, an elderly man was approaching with a frantic servant directing him towards the front entrance. The Old Butler gently stepped forward, shielding the young maid. "It’s always a fine morning when you’re present, Young Miss. You have gotten radiant and healthier since I’ve last seen you." He bent his arm and bowed his head.

Park Jennie’s frosty expression changed, her eyes brightening. "Yes, I’ve gained some weight and there’s finally some meat on my bones." Like Park Jimin, she, too, was raised by the old man.

"To what honor do I owe your presence, Young Miss? If it’s to visit our Madam, then I’m afraid it is a wish we cannot grant." His wrinkled forehead creased into deep-rooted folds. His bushy eyebrows, white as cotton, made him look older than what he truly was.

"B-but I have something to tell her. I’ve been meaning to do so since yesterday night, but thenJimin oppa had to sit between us. I tried to call her yesterday night and she didn’t pick up her phone the entire night." Park Jennie cried out, feeling wronged at his reaction towards her.

She was very used to having everyone, especially the Old Butler, taking her side.

"I completely understand where you are coming from, Young Miss. However, the instructions were given to us directly by the First Young Master—"

"I’m also a lady of the house, am I not? Who’s to say his words affect me?" Park Jennie was getting impatient now.

She wanted to see her Areum and she wanted to do it now! There were so many things she wanted to tell her and no one else understood her as Song Areum did. Her Areum never judged or criticized her for anything she did, and because of that, Park Jennie always sought the comfort of her best friend. In such a scheming society, where a secret was a trading card, Song Areum’s loyalty was a prized gem.

The Old Butler was taken aback by his Young Miss’s sudden change of tone. Growing up, she had always been a timid little child who rarely commanded the servants to do her bidding. Of course, they still did whatever she wanted them to, but she had never raised her voice like this. She sounded very authoritative and was now behaving like a proper Heiress.