C84

The Present.

Song Yun Gak blamed himself for everything that happened to Song Areum . He regretted allowing his Areum to be engaged to a man as scummy as Choi Soobin. Even to this day, he lived with that guilt. At night it was the worst. He would get nightmares and relied heavily on sleeping medicine. Wiping her memories was his decision and he did it forcibly. He never meant to do it without her permission, but one thing escalated to another.

Even when Song Areum was a child, she knew how to read and write things beyond her age. When she arrived at the institution, she demanded to go home. She knew what the place was from a brochure she took off the receptionist desk.

When Song Yun Gak tried to make her behave, she threatened to annex him from her life and hold her breath until she turned blue. So, he took her back to her parents’ house where for the first time, she felt safer than being at his house. He didn’t mean to have people forcibly kidnap her on a stormy night, but it happened anyway. And now look at where his actions had gotten her, she was deathly afraid of thunder.

Song Yun Gak might’ve not directly contributed to the harsh humiliation and downfall from three years ago, but he still played a factor in pairing the two together. "Where is she?" His voice left for zero arguments.

"Don’t you want to test my grandson’s loyalty for your granddaughter?" Park Mu-jin queried, tilting his head. "It would be quite interesting to see his true intents towards her by the speed he finds her."

"I don’t have time for your games, god damn it, WHERE IS MY GRANDDAUGHTER?!" Song Yun Gak roared. In a fell swoop, he knocked everything onto the floor with a loud CRASH!

"You’re going to have to kill me to find out." Park Mu-jin didn’t blink or flinch at the dramatic tantrum Song Yun Gak was throwing. It seemed one of them was finally able to crack. "You see, this is why I despise caring for someone. Look at where she has gotten you. You’ve lost your control so quickly just because a woman is involved. How pathetic."

"Don’t start that bullcrap with me." Song Yun Gak snarled, "You might’ve tried your best to wipe this scene from existence, but I remember it as if it was yesterday." His voice became low and threatening, "I will never forget your reaction when your wife died."

Park Mu-jin’s smug and arrogant look dropped. No one dared to mention the late Matriarch — not unless they wanted to suffer the worst death known to humanity. "Son of a bitc—"

"Pardon me, I meant your wife’s disappearance." Song Yun Gak stood up with his cane. "What? Did you think that just because her body was never found, she’s dead?" He tossed his head back and let out a burst of booming laughter, wiping his eyes of unshed tears.

Park Mu-jin’s face morphed into sheer desperation. "Where is she?" He stood up with Song Yun Gak, not allowing this man to leave until he got his answers. He wanted to find her, no, he needed to find her. She was the only woman who loved him without any intent behind it. She never judged him and everything about her was just so...good. He could never forget her, the woman who risked her life on many accounts to save him.

Song Yun Gak turned his back to Park Mu-jin and strolled to the door with the tiger trailing behind him. When Song Yun Gak was close to sliding the door open, Park Mu-jin grabbed his shoulders and snarled, "WHERE IS SHE?! Where the hell is my wife?"

Song Yun Gak didn’t bother looking at Park Mu-jin. "Maybe when you have the conscience to tell me where my granddaughter is, I will give you the exact location of her house...or grave. It’s all up to you."