C55

Song Areum woke up the next day, in the same position she had slept in. She could’ve sworn she heard something in her sleep, a confession of some sort, but a majority of what was being said sounded muffled to her. She brushed it off, believing it was just a dream.

She stretched like a lazy cat before snuggling back into his arms, a tiny smile on her face. Throughout the nights she had spent with Park Jimin, she had never experienced a single nightmare. The idea was so cheesy and cliche to her, but she did not care. Being in his arms felt safe, reassuring, comfortable, and everything alongside the word ’good’.

She wondered if the rest of their mornings would be spent like this, forever and ever, entangled within each other’s arms. It was an unbelievable dream to her, but she was determined to make it a reality.

Glancing up, she noticed Park Jimin was in deep sleep, his chest steadily rising. She laid her head on it a while longer, before growing bored of marveling the eight, solid rigids on his abdomen, tough as rocks. Ever so slowly, she climbed out of his arms, gently placing it back down, her body freezing on the spot when he groaned, his arms reaching to grab something. She quickly placed a pillow in his arms, watching as he relaxed, hugging the pillow, burying his head into it.

She giggled at this scene, such a grown man like him, hugging the pillow like it was his precious teddy bear. She got out of bed and began to get ready for the day. She had finished showering and was tying the belt on the bathrobe when the door to the bathroom slammed open with a loud BANG! A frantic man was standing in the doorway, his eyes wide and crazed, in a panicked state until they landed on her.

Song Areum was confused by the sudden commotion. "What’s wrong?"

Park Jimin’s heart was beating one hundred miles per second. He had woken up to find himself wrapped around a pillow and not his woman. He was instantly alarmed and shot out of his bed in a frenzied state to search for her, so fearful that she had disappeared into the night.

Wordlessly, he crossed the distance between them, taking four vast steps before yanking her flush against him, his head buried deep into her neck. He hugged her with so much desperation, that Song Areum was taken aback by it. Her arms came around him, settling on his mid-back, patting the area in an attempt to comfort him. She did not know what made him like this, but she knew that the first step was to calm him down.

"What’s wrong?" She repeated, this time her voice was more understanding, patient even.

Park Jimin did not answer for a while. He continued to hug her until the tremors in his body finally calmed down. Her scent, sweet and floral, flooded his brain, soothing all of his worries.

’She is here. She did not leave me. She is here. She did not leave me.’ He repeated the same phrases again and again in his head, squeezing her.

"Don’t leave me."

Song Areum felt her heart melt into a puddle, swooning at this demand of his. No one had ever loved her to this extent so this sensation was foreign to her.

Park Jimin’s arms became incredibly tight around her small frame, nearly crushing her. She did not answer him. It made him antsier—