C56

Song Areum heaved an exhausted sigh at the bickering children on either side of her. She turned to Park Jennie and said, "Jennie, the desserts are all on one table. We can go there together."

Then, she turned towards Park Jimin and asked, "Are you wearing the cuff links?"

Park Jimin readily nodded his head, proudly showing it to her. "The red diamond is a darker color of red, but we’re still matching."

Song Areum was amused by his words. The rare red diamond’s hue was practically black in contrast to her blazing red.

Only this lovestruck fool would think they were matching.

She brushed a stray hair that fell out of his slicked black hair and reminded him, "Don’t wear it everyday."

"I know. I still have the box you gifted me a while back."

Song Areum finally remembered their little inside joke — the gift war. She had no clue who was in the lead now.

Park Jennie saw Park Jimin had received a gift and frowned, her bottom lip sticking out in the process. "Areum, where’s my gift?"

"At home. I’ll give it to you when we have a girls’ night." Song Areum lied, making a note to buy a gift for Park Jennie.

"Really? What is it?"

Song Areum smiled, pinching her cheek. "You’ll find out when you receive it."

"Don’t waste money on Jennie, she doesn’t need gifts." Park Jimin lazily drawled out, resting the side of his forehead on his propped up arm. He could see Song Areum’s face perfectly from this angle.

Park Jennie gasped at this. "And you don’t need them anymore than I do!"

"I do."

"Nuh-uh."

"Don’t make me repeat myself."

Park Jennie glowered at her brother, having a strong urge to hit him with her clutch, however, she did not dare to, for courting death from her brother was not the wisest decision. She sulked to herself, crossing her arms.

Song Areum felt a pair of eyes boring a hole into the back of her head, but she did not look around. She had a feeling it was either Eun Ha Won, Elder Park, or her grandfather. But little did she know that it was someone else...

"Come now, let’s go get some desserts." Song Areum said when her stomach grumbled a bit.

Park Jennie hurriedly nodded, grabbing Song Areum’s arm before Park Jimin could place a finger on her. This greatly displeased him. A malicious shadow covered his eyes when he stood up, reaching over to snatch her back, but then Song Areum detached herself from the both of them.

"Children, please be civilized." She chided, walking off without them and heading straight to the macarons with the Park siblings hot on her trail.

She jumped when they pushed past her only to realize they were speed walking straight to the macaron tower, Park Jimin reaching there first because of his long legs. He shoved Park Jennie away with his shoulder and turned to his woman, a triumphant smirk on his face.

Song Areum shook her head. Is it really that fun to bully your younger sister? At the thought of her own little sister, Song Areum felt a pang of pain in her chest. She did not want to dwell on Song Ara anymore.

"Stop bullying Jennie."

Park Jennie smirked inwardly. Hmph, take that Jimin-oppa!

"She’s small and prone to getting hurt." Song Areum added on, to make sure she was not taking any sides.