The Coronation

...

...

...

...

It was a bright day down in Brightmoon.

...

The wardrobe remained open in Glimmer's room, revealing the many outfits and accessories inside.

...

...

Glimmer was close by, brushing her hair out. She had on a different outfit as well.

Fingerless gloves, one arm with a white sleeve, complimented by a purplish and blue jumpsuit.

She sighed, placing the brush face down.

...

Glimmer blinked, admiring her new look, her hair swept to the side, sliding her hand through it.

Suddenly, the door opened Castaspella entering.

Glimmer gasped as her aunt spoke.

"Glimmer, come at one. We need you in the War Room right away!"

...

Glimmer hastily made her way down, following Casta.

"There's no time to waste. You must make a decision."

Glimmer ran up to the table, where Adora and Bow were already waiting.

...

...

"We're here for you," Adora assured.

Glimmer gazed around, her eyes switching from side to side, "Uh... that one!" She pointed.

Bow gasped.

Adora nodded as she hummed in agreement.

...

She had pointed at a cake, with little figures of her and Hordak fighting on top.

"The Future Queen has spoken. At Glimmer's coronation, we will be serving – ice cream cake!" Casta cheered.

The guards saluted in affirmation.

...

Everyone beside her laughed in unison, trying to bring up her spirits, while still enjoying the joke.

Glimmer only had a small sliver of the smile she had before, her grin beforehand drooping.

...

...

Casta led the group outside the room, leading them down the hall.

They went past a couple of rooms.

...

But Adora looked to the side of the corridor, and caught sight of...

Well...

Their door.

...

She stopped walking entirely, just sitting there. Staring.

Her hands, which were originally resting, relaxed by her side, suddenly tensed up, balling into fists as she took a shaky breath.

"Adora? Come on!" She heard Bow's voice calling her.

...

Adora took a step forward, hesitantly.

She was unsure how she managed to find the strength to move again. But she adhered to his calls, and eventually ran back up to the others.

But every time she saw it...