Chapter 8

"Y/n dear , can you please come here ?"

Mr Kim voiced out from the backyard. I rush out to see both him and his wife all dressed up. They were getting into a hired cab.

"Yes. Is everything there ?" I asked giving him a tiffin with food.

"Yes , dear. I will be back soon."- Mr Kim pats my head before leaving in the cab.

It has been almost a year since Taehyung went to the camp. He contacted us the first two months but after that he didn't. We just patiently waited for him to call us. Due to all the worries and stress , Mrs Kim's health got upset. She needs go to the hospital every week since the last four months. It was emotionally draining all of us.

The most positive thing that happened to us was Dowoon's first birthday that was celebrated with a big bash party. Taehyung's parents was always over Dowoon and he reciprocates it equally. He had started talking and his first word was 'hawmonie' which is his language for Halmonie (his grandmother).

Because of all this fuss I had so much stress handling Dowoon , my work and then taking care of Mr Kim and Mrs Kim. But my brother was a great relief. He takes Dowoon with him and gives me some free time for a day but Mrs Kim hates that. She says Dowoon should be with his mother since he is still very small. Can I complain to that ? No.

"Hawmonie ?" Dowoon tilts his head in question.

I pick him up and peck his head "She has to go to the hospital , Wonnie."

"No plawing with Woonie ?" Dowoon pouts.

"She will. When she comes back." I pat his head and start feeding him.

After feeding him I start to get ready for work all the while Dowoon scattered his toys around the house. I calmly put them away while Dowoon watched his favourite cartoon.

"Wonnie , mummy has to go to work. Will you be a good boy for your Hyung ?" I peck his head.

Dowoon calls my brother 'Hyung' and is quite fond of him. Dowoon excitedly nods "Ywes , mummy."

"Good. Come lets get you to his house." I pick him up and his bag with a few of his toys heading to my previous house.

My mother is still not in good terms with me so she never even comes in front of me or my son. It hurted at the start but eventually I got used to her ignorance. My brother takes Dowoon from me enthusiastically "Wonnie is here ! I am going to take you to the park today."

Wonnie claps loudly "Yayy...Hyuwng is te bewst !"

I smile at him. My brother looks at me with a rather sad face "Isn't it time ? You should go and talk to them, noona. It's been almost a year and even his parents are getting worried."

"I will. On my way back home , I will go and visit them." I nod to him , determined.

"If you need me to pick you up just give me a call. Don't hesitate." My brother hugs me.

-

"What do you mean by you don't know ?!"

My voice was loud but I could care less. How can they not know where Taehyung was ? It was angering me when they said don't know where he is and they don't know why he stopped contacting his family.

"Ma'am , please understand. We cannot disclose any information about him as he is a part of our new mission. It has to be kept a secret. Moreover , even we don't know anything about the members of the mission. We don't get informed about that." The worker calmly says.

"But....but he has not contacted us for months. I at least need to know if he is alive ! You can't deny me that. It's my rights to know if my husband is still breathing." I helplessly beg.