Chapter 16

"Wonnie , finish your icecream." Y/n frown at Dowoon who wasn't eating properly. He is still upset that we left the park too soon according to him. We literally spent two hours there and it's almost past five. Dowoon has always been too excited for the park and to bring

"No." Dowoon pouts , arms crossed across his chest in an adorable way.

Taehyung chuckles, "I promise we'll go there soon. This will not be the last time you visit a park. We can buy any toy you want on the way back."

"Toy ! Really ?" Dowoon beams.

Taehyung nods, "Anything you want."

That was all that Dowoon had to hear because the next moment he was on the icecream eating it with big mouthfuls. Y/n gives Taehyung a stern look and Taehyung gives her back an uneasy smile.

"What ?" Taehyung shrugs.

"You don't need to bribe him with things. He'll get used to it." Y/n scolds him.

"Let him be," Taehyung shrugs, "He was deprived of his father for so long. Let him have me a little too much."

Y/n gazes at Taehyung intensely before tearing her away gaze and Taehyung intertwines their hands from under the table causing Y/n to blush profusely. Dowoon oblivious to all of this finishes his icecream, "Let's buy toy !"

"Yes Wonnie. Let's go." Taehyung says , picking Dowoon up , twirling him after. Dowoon squeals loudly at the action grabbing onto his father's shoulders for balance.

Y/n stares at the duo with several emotions. She feels satisfied with the sight , it felt full and completed. She wordlessly follows them to the car all the while gazing at them with adoration.

-

"And yeah he agreed to it." Taehyung said enthusiastically to my brother and Mr Kim as they congratulated him.

"I want you there from tomorrow." Taehyung says , eyes on my brother who nods with a smile.

"I will. Thank you for this opportunity. I don't know how I'll thank you for this." My brother looked emotional. I caressed his back gently and he passes me a smile. Taehyung watches us, "You have thanked me by giving me your sister. I'd want nothing more than that."

Taehyung had pulled some strings and got my brother a job in the city with better pay. My brother was so thankful to Taehyung for that as he had been struggling with his life lately. With all the help he has done for me , Dowoon and Mr Kim , Taehyung thinks that he owed my brother this and more. Our eyes meet and I shyly look away, "The food is ready. Lunch everyone ?"

And we all stand up to go to the dinning table where all the food was splayed out. Taehyung goes to bring Dowoon down while my brother serves for me and Mr Kim talking about his current job and it's hectic schedules and how he is so happy to move on to the new one soon. Dowoon runs to his grandfather and sits beside him , all ready to eat.

"Wonnie yah , I heard you got a new toy." My brother asks.

"Yes ! Toy daddy bought me." Dowoon beams.

My brother chuckles "Show me after dinner."

"Okay !" Dowoon nods before Taehyung feeds him some food which he noiselessly munches on while we all talked other things. When my brother leaves Taehyung plays with Dowoon till he gets tired and eventually falls asleep. I and Mr Kim was busy preparing kimchi in the backyard.

"Hello Mr Kim." Our neighbour calls out.

Feeling uncomfortable I ignore them and focus on making the kimchi while I conversed with Mr Kim. I think he noticed how my face stiffened because he tried to talk less.