Chapter 6: "Why Am I Here?"

Later that night, Jamie was telling what happened to him that day to his mom and little sister.

"...it was awesome! So then I was flying down this hill and it was like whoosh, whoosh, through these cars and then the sled hit this thing and it was like way up in the air! And then, bam, the sofa hit me..." Jamie explained.

"Wow!" Sophie whispered.

"...and see, my tooth came out!" he finished, making his sister giggle.

"All right, you. Tooth under your pillow?" their mom asked, turning out his light.

"Yeah, I'm ready," Jamie answered, turning on his action figure light and grabbing his flashlight.

"Now don't stay up trying to see her, Jamie, or she won't come," his mom told him.

"But I can do it this time!" Jamie insisted then said to Sophie, "You want to help me, Soph? We can hide and see the Tooth Fairy!"

"Hide, hide, hide, hide," Sophie chanted a bit.

"Uh-uh. Straight to bed now, mister," his mom said, picking Sophie up.

"Mom," Jamie groaned as their dog, Abby, licked his face.

Jack watched this with a small smile through the window. He saw frost forming on the window, so he flew up to the roof.

"If there's something I'm doing wrong, can you just tell me what it is? Because I've tried everything and no one ever sees me," Jack told the moon then remarked, "You put me here. The least you can do is tell me...tell me why."

There was still no response as Jack just went on a power line and made frost form on them. Then he smiled when he saw Sandy's golden magic float through the air.

"Right on time, Sandman," he whispered.

He ran after some and touched one, a dolphin coming out. The magic went to other places, including Cupcake's. She dreamed about riding a unicorn.

"Mmm," Cupcake hummed.

As this went on, a dark chuckle came from under her bed without waking her up. Then from her bed came the Boogeyman himself, Pitch Black.

"Oh, I thought I heard the clippity-clop of a unicorn. What an adorable dream! And look at her. Precious child. So sweet. So full of hope and wonder. Why, there's only one thing missing. A touch of fear," Pitch smirked.

He then touched the unicorn, the sand going from gold to black.

"Mmm..." Cupcake moaned.

"That never gets old. Feel your fear. Come on. Come on, that's right. Yes, what a pretty little Nightmare! Now, I want you to go tell the others the wait is over," Pitch instructed.

That Nightmare and some others then traveled through the night as Pitch was then outside, looking at the moon.

"Don't look at me like that, old friend. You must have known this day would come. My Nightmares are finally ready. Are your Guardians?" Pitch said with a sly smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I can't stand Pitch, but I have no problems with Jude Law. Fun, right?