Chapter 9: Getting to Know Cupid

North left them there as they looked at the entire shop from where they were.

"So, Cupid, care to explain why you're not a Guardian and yet you hang out with the Big Four?" Jack asked.

"Well, Frosty, if you must know, I'm like you but with one major difference," Cupid said.

"And that would be?" he replied.

"Kids actually like what you do," she answered.

"They don't like love?" Jack wondered.

"Have you seen Valentine's Day for kids? Complaining if someone has koodies and saying that romance is not for them? The Man in the Moon told me I need to bring love into children's' lives, but I don't get why. If I became a Guardian when no one believes in me...," Cupid trailed off.

Jack felt bad for her. I mean, no one believes in him either, but she was basically saying that he had a better chance of them believing in him than her.

"Sorry," he said.

"Don't worry about it. I actually don't know who has it worse. You, doing things kids like and still not being seen, or me, who has pretty much no chance of being believed in," she commented.

"I'll call it a tie," Jack remarked jokingly.

Cupid giggled at that.

"What about how you know the Big Four?" he asked.

"Well, I met Bunny 100 years after I became Cupid and he's always been like an older brother to me ever since. Overprotective, a little overbearing, loves to tease me, but family's like that," she explained.

"At least you can put up with him," Jack smirked.

"Very funny," Cupid said then continued, "Another 100 years later, he brought me here to talk with the others, who I met at that time, about me becoming a Guardian. I refused it, but agreed to help with anything they needed. But they didn't have to stuff me in a sack to do so."

Jack chuckled and said, "Fair enough. You're not so bad, Angel."

Cupid blushed at the nickname, but quickly smirked and responded, "Same with you, Frosty."

Then they saw Tooth fly by the window quickly then heard hopping, so they turned around to see Bunny.

"We have a problem, mate. Trouble at the Tooth Palace," he informed.

And they were off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I can't take it! Ahh! 😃