Chapter 18: Familiar Voices

Jack and Cupid made it to Jamie's house where they put Sophie in bed, but she ended up falling out.

"Ooh," they winced.

"Sophie? Is that you?" her mom asked.

Jack just threw a blanket over her and Cupid threw a toy by her before going out the window. Once it was closed, Cupid cupped her mouth shut as she giggled, making Jack smile in slight amusement.

"We should get back," Jack said.

"Yeah," Cupid giggled as Baby Tooth nodded.

"Jack!" a young female voice sounded, catching all of their attention.

"That voice, I know that voice," Jack whispered, making Cupid nod in response.

"Jack!" a teenage female voice called, which had Cupid and Jack look at each other in confusion.

"That one sounds like me," Cupid breathed.

They then took off for them as the voices continued. They ended up at a broken bed frame in the middle of the woods. They approached it as Baby Tooth tried to get them to go with her.

"Don't worry, there's still time," Jack assured.

Baby Tooth rolled her eyes at that then Cupid stopped, to which Jack did and looked at her.

"Jack, I don't know about this. It doesn't feel right," she admitted.

"This won't take long. It'll be fine," he said.

They approached the hole and Jack broke the wood away, where they heard more from the two voices. He then jumped in, Cupid and Baby Tooth following behind, but Baby Tooth tried to get them out.

"Baby Tooth, come on! We have to find out what those are," Jack said.

They then looked to see a lot of cages with all of Tooth's fairies in them. They then flew to some of them.

"Shh! Keep it down! We're gonna get you out of here just as soon as..." Jack said.

The two voices sounded, directing Jack's and Cupid's attention to the huge pile of boxes of teeth.

"...as we can," Jack finished before falling on the pile.

"Jack, we don't have time for this," Cupid told him.

But he kept looking for one that had his face on it, so Cupid just sighed and helped him until they heard a familiar voice.

"Looking for something?" it said, it being Pitch.

Jack and Cupid fired their weapons at him and he just laughed as Cupid took off for Pitch. Then Jack found a box with the picture of Cupid, but instead of pink hair, she had brown hair. He tucked it in his hoodie pocket before following Cupid. They both then found Pitch on the bridge in the lair.

"Don't be afraid, you two. I'm not gonna hurt either of you," Pitch told them.

"Afraid? I'm not afraid of you," Jack said with his staff raised.

"Neither am I," Cupid added with her bow and arrows ready.

"Maybe not. But you both are afraid of something," Pitch stated.

"You think so, huh?" Jack remarked.

"I know so! It's the one thing I always know. People's greatest fears. Yours is actually similar to Cupid's. And that's that no one will ever believe in you," Pitch said.

This made Jack hesitate before he fell, losing his staff. Cupid caught him and placed him on the ground, him finding his staff in the process.

"And worst of all, you're afraid you'll never know why. Why you? Why were you chosen to be like this? Well, fear not. For the answers to that are right here," Pitch said as he cornered them and showed them a similar box.

In his hand was a box with Jack's picture on the side, but instead of white hair, he had brown hair. Jack and Cupid looked at it in shock.

"Do you want them, you two? Your memories? Not to mention that your memories are actually connected to each other. You must be wondering how that could be," Pitch taunted.

"Where are my memories then?" Cupid demanded.

"Oh I don't have those anymore," Pitch answered.

Before Cupid could say anything else or Jack could get his memories, Pitch disappeared and they flew throughout the lair in search for him again.

"Everything you two wanted to know, in these little boxes. Why did you two end up like this? Unseen. Unable to reach out to anyone. You want the answers so badly. You want to grab them and fly off with them. But you're afraid of what the Guardians will think. You're afraid of disappointing them. Well, let me ease your mind about one thing. They never and will never accept you. Not really," Pitch explained mockingly.

"Stop it! Stop it!" Jack yelled.

"Get out of our heads!" Cupid demanded.

Then they ended up in front of his globe where Pitch walked out in front of them.

"After all, you're not one of them," Pitch smirked.

"Shut up!" Cupid ordered with an arrow ready.

"You don't know who we are," Jack added with his staff ready.

"Of course I do! You're Jack Frost and Cupid," Pitch said then told Jack specifically, "You make a mess wherever you go. Why, you're doing it right now."

He then tossed Jack his memories, making Jack confused.

"What did you do?" Jack asked.

"More to the point, Jack, what did you do?" Pitch corrected and disappeared with a laugh.

Then Jack attacked before ending up in a tunnel like from the warren, but Cupid wasn't anywhere to be found.

"Jack!" Cupid's voice echoed.

"Cupid!" Jack shouted in worry.

"Happy Easter, Jack," Pitch's voice sounded.

Jack then looked at the ground to see smashed eggs. He and Baby Tooth looked at each other in realization.

"No," Jack breathed before he and Baby Tooth left to find the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh no. Freaking out and I've seen this before as well as writing this! AHH!