Chapter 21: Jack's and Cupid's Memories

Once Pitch left, Baby Tooth yanked on Jack's hood to get him to wake up, which worked. She then pointed to an unconscious Cupid.

"Cupid!" he called, rushed to her, and asked as she started waking up, "You all right?"

"Yeah. I'm alright," she nodded as he helped her sit up.

He then gently pulled her close to him, but she shivered a bit, making him pull his arms back a little.

"Sorry. All I can do is keep you cold," Jack apologized.

"I don't care," Cupid smiled.

She gently took his arm and draped it over her before snuggling up to him. Jack smiled a bit before it was replaced by a frown and sad sigh.

"Pitch was right. I make a mess of everything," he stated.

"No. You don't," Cupid remarked, faced him, then continued, "Jack, I've never met someone who was willing to give up something that meant a lot to him for me. I would do the same for you in a heartbeat."

Jack showed a hint of a smile at her kind words.

"Thanks," Jack said.

"You're welcome," Cupid told him.

Then Baby Tooth went into Jack's hoodie pocket.

"Hey," he whispered.

Jack and Cupid looked at each other before sighing and resting their foreheads against each other. But then the two separate female voices sounded.

"Jack?" the first one called, catching Jack's attention.

"Jack!" the other, which sounded like Cupid, did the same, catching her attention.

"Oh!" they exclaimed, jumping back, before Jack reached into his pocket.

"Jack!" both voices sounded as he pulled out both memories.

They looked at each other in confusion before Cupid joined him by his side and he handed her memories to her.

"You got my memories before Pitch gave you yours?" Cupid asked.

"Yeah. You deserved to know more of why you were here more than me," Jack answered.

She smiled then wondered, "Is that why Pitch denied having my memories?"

"Yeah. Sorry," he apologized.

"Don't be," Cupid told him then said, "You ready to see if Pitch was right about our memories connecting us?"

"I am," Jack nodded.

They then activated them, held hands, and relived the memories before them.

They saw themselves, as people, but instead of white and pink hair, they both had brown hair. They were best friends, goofing off, playing pranks on people, telling funny stories, and going ice skating.

Then it showed when Jack and a little girl were on thin ice while a girl around Jack's age was at the edge of the pond.

"It's okay. It's okay. Don't look down. Just look at me," Jack assured.

"You're good," the woman added.

"Jack. Jamie. I'm scared," the girl said as the ice started cracking from under her.

"I know. I know. But you're gonna be all right. You're not gonna fall in. We're gonna have a little fun instead!" Jack assured.

"No, we're not!" the girl, Mary, exclaimed.

"Would I trick you?" Jack asked.

"Yes! You always play tricks!" Mary pointed out.

"She's got a point," the woman, Jamie, added, making Jack give her a teasing glare.