Chapter 20: No Fear Wanted

Jack flew to Antarctica and wanted to throw his memories for what they did to Bunny, but he just couldn't. He looked at it before Baby Tooth came up to him and squeaked in reassurance.

"It is my fault, Baby Tooth. If I had just listened to you and Cupid, she wouldn't have been taken and kids would still believe in Bunny," he said.

Before she could continue, a familiar and unwanted voice sounded, making Jack more mad than he already was.

"I thought this might happen. They never really believed in you. I was just trying to show you that. But I understand," Pitch said.

Jack then shot ice at him then yelled as he continued, "You don't understand anything!"

"No? I don't know what it's like to be cast out?" Pitch remarked as he fought back.

Jack then flew up and fired more ice at him, but Pitch blocked it. Then Jack looked around the icy fog in search for Pitch.

"To not be believed in? To long for a family," Pitch pointed out, making Jack stop, then Pitch went on, "All those years in the shadows I thought no one else knows what this feels like. But now I see I was wrong."

This made Jack lower his staff.

"We don't have to be alone, Jack. I believe in you. And I know children will, too," Pitch went on.

"In me?" Jack asked.

"Yes! Look at what we can do," Pitch pointed out, showing the black sanded ice they created, then he continued, "What goes together better than cold and dark? We can make them believe. We'll give them a world where everything, everything is..."

"Pitch black?" Jack questioned.

"And Jack Frost, too. They'll believe in both of us," Pitch finished.

"No, they'll fear both of us. And that's not what I want. Now for the last time, leave me alone," Jack stated, walking away.

Pitch then glared at him, determined to make Jack listen.

"Very well. You want to be left alone. Done. But first..." Pitch started.

Jack turned back to him and saw him bring up a huge pile of black sand. Pitch then made some of it dissipate to show Cupid, struggling to get out of the black sand's grip.

"Cupid!" Jack exclaimed as he rushed over.

"Jack!" Cupid did the same then grunted as the black sand tightened around her small form.

In response, Jack held his staff out toward Pitch threateningly.

"The staff, Jack!" Pitch demanded as Jack didn't let down and Pitch added, "You have a bad habit of interfering. Now, hand it over, and I'll let her go."

"No, Jack. Don't do it," Cupid told him, Pitch tightening the sand to where she couldn't breathe.

Jack was torn before reluctantly agreeing. He looked away as he handed his staff to Pitch, who made the sand loosen around Cupid, gasping for air.

"All right. Now let her go," Jack said with a hand out.

"No," Pitch decided, making Jack angry, then Pitch remarked, "You said you wanted to be alone. So be alone!"

"Why you," Cupid growled then punched threw the sand with one of her arrows.

"What?" Pitch asked.

She fought the sand off as much as she could until Pitch slammed her into the side of the cliff, her falling into the opening, and Baby Tooth flew after her.

"No!" Jack yelled after she was thrown then faced Pitch.

Then Pitch snapped Jack's staff in half, making him shout, then did the same thing to him. After he fell down, Pitch just chuckled and threw both ends of the staff down there as well before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N UGH! I'm gonna scream! Actually, I think I already did. Anyway, back to it.