Chapter 28: New Relationship

They made it back to the North Pole and Sandy, Tooth, and Bunny went back home. North went to get things done for Christmas, despite it being eight months away. Jack and Cupid were the only ones left. They flew up to the roof and watched the sunrise from there.

"Cupid," Jack started.

"Yeah?" Cupid asked.

"When you said love was your center, how did you figure that out?" he wondered.

"I figured that when the kids stood up for us and the others. I thought the only thing I could do was love based on romance, but I was wrong. Jamie and his friends care about each other, so do Jamie and Sophie, as well us and them. But I should've realized it when we had our memories," she explained.

"How so?" Jack asked.

"Well, after you saved your sister from falling under the ice through fun, I saved her because she was like a little sister to me, meaning I loved her that way and I would do anything to make sure she was safe. I know you did too, just through a different way," Cupid said.

"Makes sense," he nodded then wondered, "And is that why you were about to dive under the ice for me, just through a different way?"

She blushed and rubbed her arms shyly before responding, "Yes."

Jack smiled and hugged her close, making her return it.

"I would do the same for you in a heartbeat," Jack whispered.

Cupid felt happy tears come to her eyes as she embraced Jack a little tighter. They soon parted and she wiped the tears away before looking at Jack.

"Thank you, Jack. For everything," Cupid told him.

"You're welcome," he said then added, "Would you be okay with picking up with what we were about to do in Antarctica?"

She smiled then caressed his cheek. They leaned forward and their lips touched. They were like this for a while, just holding each other as the kiss deepened. They eventually parted, letting their foreheads rest against each other.

"Does that answer your question?" she asked.

"I don't know. I may need a bit more," Jack smirked.

Cupid giggled before they kissed again. This went on for a bit before they felt a nudge on their ankles. They parted to see two Easter eggs with two notes. Cupid picked up the first one, opened it, and held it for both of them to read.

Cu, I'm glad to know that you finally have someone to love. I've felt bad you didn't have anyone like that while you granted it to others. I know you and Jack will be happy together. -Thumper

Cupid couldn't help but smile at Bunny's words. Then Jack took the one for him, opened it, and held it for both of them to read.

Jack, you better take good care of her like your life depends on it. Because it does. And if I hear any complaint about you from her, you will answer to me. Better watch yourself. -Bunny

Cupid giggled as Jack rolled his eyes.

"You get heartfelt words and I get a warning," he lightly scoffed.

"That's just like Bunny. Being like an overprotective big brother to the end," she reminded.

"True," Jack nodded, looked lovingly into her eyes, then said, "I love you, Cupid."

"I love you, Jack," Cupid returned.

They kissed one more time before hugging while flying in the air. They soon parted and flew off, seeing where this new chapter in their lives would take them.

"My name is Jack Frost." -JF

"And my name is Cupid. And we're Guardians." -C

"How do we know that? Because the moon told us so." -JF

"So when the moon tells you something," -C

"Believe it." -JF & C

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N THE END! I hope you guys liked it!