Chapter 27: Becoming Guardians

An elf readied his trumpet like a weapon while a yeti came to North with the big book.

"Then is time you take oath," North said, turned to the correct page, then asked, "Will you, Jack Frost and Cupid, vow to watch over the children of the world, to guard them with your life, their hopes, their wishes, and their dreams, for they are all that we have, all that we are, and all that we will ever be?"

Cupid and Jack turned to Jamie, who nodded. They then turned back to North.

"I will," they answered.

"Then, congratulations, Jack Frost and Cupid, for you are now, and forevermore, Guardians," North declared, giving Tooth the book.

Everyone cheered at that and Jack was lifted in the air by North and kissed on both cheeks while Bunny hugged Cupid.

"That's my boy and sister," Bunny bragged.

"Keep it together, girls," Tooth told her fairies, who formed a heart for Jack when one fainted.

Then the sleigh was brought around before landing to where the kids could see it and they loved it.

"Everyone loves the sleigh," Bunny admitted.

"Time to go," North told Jack and Cupid.

Sandy then sent gold dust in the air like fireworks before it came down like snow.

"Happy Easter, you little ankle-biter. I'm gonna miss you," Bunny told Sophie, giving her an egg.

"Bye-bye, Bunny," Sophie giggled, petting Bunny's nose.

Then Jamie looked to Jack and Cupid, knowing what was going on.

"You're leaving? But what if Pitch comes back? What if we stop believing again? If I can't see you guys..." Jamie asked, getting a bit worried.

"Hey, slow down, slow down. You're telling me you stop believing in the moon when the sun comes up?" Jack wondered as he and Cupid bent down to his level.

"No," Jamie answered.

"Okay. Well, do you stop believing in the sun when clouds block it out?" Cupid asked.

"No," Jamie chuckled.

"We'll always be there, Jamie. And now, we'll always be here," Jack said, pointing at Jamie's heart, then added, "Which kind of makes you a Guardian, too."

They headed toward the sleigh when Jamie thought of something.

"Jack! Cupid!" he called, running to them.

They turned back to him to be greeted by hugs from him. Once out of their state of shock, they returned it before going on the sleigh.

"Yah!" North yelled, yanking on the reigns.

The sleigh took off with the kids waving to them, to which they returned them. They then greeted the Guardians as ones themselves before going to the back of the sleigh to where Jack formed a snowflake and Cupid shot it, making it form more snowflakes with some hearts around them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Fun stuff! We're almost done!