Kamisato Siblings

Try Again by Jaehyun, d.ear

Ayaka POV.

"You want me to dance...? At the festival tonight??" Y/N blurts out my words in surprise. I have never requested anything from her officially before, so she must be very startled.

"Indeed, the Kamisato Clan is looking forward to your appearance tonight. Many will be watching and, I do hope that your performance will go smoothly. Although I am aware that this is a bit rushed, fear not. The Kamisato Clan will see through everything," I smile before bidding farewell, leaving Y/N in shock.

I walk back down the steps to Chinju Forest and, admire the scenery before me as I descend. The sakura blooms are dancing in the air, petal by petal floating in the wind. There is a saying in Monstadt if my memory serves me right, but it goes along the lines of: "May the Anemo God be with you"... I heard it quite often on my last visit there a year ago for some business. Ah, I miss the sweet wine from Angel's Share and make a mental note to send a letter to Diluc to request for more.

"Thank you, Ayaka. I couldn't have done it without you," An all too familiar voice greets me from behind a tree.

"Brother... I have no idea why you asked me for such a favour but I'm assuming you have your own reasons. You've been very out of character since this morning and I am quite concerned about your health," I sigh, taking his hand as I come down from the final steps.

My older brother, the Head of the Kamisato Clan, also known as the Yashiro Commissioner, Kamisato Ayato had asked me for a favour to get Y/N to dance at the festival this evening. I wasn't even the slightest bit aware that he even knew the existence of Y/N. He's never mentioned about her before, so just how did he know? Not to mention, the moment he woke up... He's been acting very strange. He barged out of his room and saw Thoma in the corridor cleaning before he flung himself onto him, going on about how he's so grateful for his existence...? He started crying the moment he saw me, as well. I'm very worried that its because he's been bottling up his stress from the workload as the Head of the Clan. Brother isn't the kind to be caught up in his emotions so really, what exactly is going on?

When I said that he could go and see Y/N on his own, he said, "The time isn't right yet. I shall watch her from afar for I fear that I will not be able to control myself the moment we lock eyes..."

"I'm fine, Ayaka. I promise you. It's just that things have been very hectic for me and I need to clear my mind for awhile, I hope that you can put your mind at peace and attend the festival with me?" Brother smiles as we walk back to our residence.

"I'm not complaining, but you're never one to attend such events. Then again as you said, things have been very busy for you. We should call Thoma to come along, don't you think so?" I suggest and he nods gracefully, his pale skin glowing under the sun.

I push any worrying thoughts away to the back of my mind. As long as brother is happy, I guess something small like what happened today will be fine.

"Milady! Milord!" We spot Thoma running out of the gates, an exciting look on his face.

"What's the matter?" Brother raises an eyebrow.

"The traveller is coming to attend the festival!!" Thoma runs up to us.

The traveller...!

"Great, it would be best that I meet them to discuss some things in private. I should take this chance to thank them for their work in Inazuma, as well," Brother gives Thoma a delighted smile and we enter our residence.

"Brother," I call out to him before he steps into his office, where he will once again drown himself in the heaps of documents awaiting for his approval.

"Yes, Ayaka?"

"Will you be only watching Y/N's performance instead of talking to her? I'm sure she will be delighted to meet you," I suggest.

"Indeed... I will watch her performance tonight from a fair distance. I hope you do not tell her what I've been doing," He chuckles, eyes forming crescents. I give him a nod and retreat to my room so the maids can prepare me for the festival.

Ayato POV.

I close the door behind me and once I ensure that I've locked it with a click, I slide down the door onto the floor. I look around the familiar study and a flash of memory enters my head. Hot, burning fire tearing down the entirety of this place as I desperately try to pull Thoma's dead body out of the rubble... I frown at the recollection and sigh, combing my hair with my gloved hand.

I didn't think this would happen but, I'm sure that the gods have pulled me back in time to change the course of the horrible events that would take place in the future. It most definitely shouldn't be possible for something like this to happen... Was it because of the Shogun? Or was it my cry for help? My desperation? My sadness? My anger? Maybe the traveller would know something about this since they come from another world.. I must meet them.

My heart beats in excitement as I think of the woman of my life. Covering the bottom of my face with my hands, I blush at the thought of seeing her dance again. Her beautiful features, her soft skin, her luscious hair, her elegance, her passion; her everything.

I'll be able to see her again...

I smile at the thought of hearing her laughter light her surroundings once more, her eyes shining ever so brightly. The only star in my lonely sky.

"Y/N..."

I look out the window into the sky.

"Thank you, for giving me the chance to love her again..."