The Traveller

Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys

Ayato POV.

Morning comes soon, and I'm awaken by the sound of the lush leaves brushing each other. The sun is not quite out, with grey clouds covering the sky. An unpleasant memory flashes through my mind and I frown, the rain splattering across Inazuma heavily, splashing on the ground as the waves on the coast roar. I hear complaints of the garden workers talking about how they'll need to rearrange the zen garden again. I shuffle in my sheets, my nightwear falling open, revealing a vulgar amount of my chest.

"My Lord? Are you awake?" I hear Thoma's voice from around my chambers and beckon him to enter.

"What is it, Thoma?" I get up, using my fingers to brush up my hair.

"The traveller is here as a guest, My Lord. He claims you've called for him?" Thoma prepares the bath as I look the mirror, my complexion grey like the clouds.

"I never expected him to arrive so soon... He must have been in Inazuma for the past couple of days. Have him wait for awhile at the waiting room. I shall head to him at once after I'm ready," I undress myself, soaking in the warm water as maids enter my chambers, tending to me.

"And Thoma, please have the area around the waiting room emptied. I don't want anyone listening in on our conversation," I sigh, leaning back as Thoma nods.

Another memory flashes through my mind, and this time, I smile.

"Ayato!!" She laughed, splashing water onto my face as I held her tightly in my arms, the water sloshing out the bath. Her skin, smooth and soft. I kissed the back of her head as she leaned into me, her warmth spreading to my body as we soaked in the onsen at the back garden of my chambers. The night was cold for winter was arriving in Inazuma within a week, the trees dry and bare, the air cold and silent. Our naked bodies embraced each other on that cold night, warming each other.

"My Lord? My Lord, are you okay?" A maid calls for me and I come to my senses.

"You're done, Your Grace. The other maids will be waiting in your chambers for you to get dressed," They bow and leave.

I sigh, massaging my head.

Will I ever have the chance to embrace her like that again?

...

"Traveller, thank you for coming so soon and I apologise for the wait. There is... something I must discuss with you..." I furrow my eyebrows and they look at me in concern.

"I know how crazy this might sound but, in the near future the Raiden Shogun will go on a rampage. I know this because I come from the future. I lost everything and half of Teyvat was destroyed in the midst of her anger. I need you to believe me, you're the only person I know who can help me," I clench my fists into my gloves.

"Wait... So you're saying that you came from the future and you want us to stop the Raiden Shogun?????" Paimon exclaims wildly.

"I know you won't believe me but I can prove it. There is a man in Liyue who goes by the name Zhongli, and a bard in Monstadt called Venti. They are one of the Gods in Teyvat. Although, I'm sure you know them already," I look at the traveller in the eyes and Paimon's eyes go wide.

"Is that why Zhongli told us to come to Inazuma??? Paimon is confused!!" Paimon slumps on the chair beside the traveller.

"I trust Zhongli's words... But, how can I trust yours?" The traveller asks.

"You are not from this world from my knowledge that I have from the future. And your sister, is the Princess of The Abyss," I say, my voice calm and low.

"You-"

"Like I said, you have to trust me even if you don't because your sibling dies in the tragedy that will befall soon if you don't do anything. I don't just need you in this, I need Zhongli and Venti, I have already contacted the Fatui and I will make sure to find your sibling because only the two of you, can have the power to stop Raiden Shogun. Because you're not from this world, the power you have might just be stronger than our gods," I explain.

"Traveller..." Paimon looks at them with sad eyes.

"Do you promise to do whatever you can to find my sibling?" They stand up, looking at me with cold eyes.

"You have my word," I stand, shaking their hand.

"I will write to both Zhongli and Venti, send me a letter when you are ready," And with that, the traveller leaves. I sigh in relief, slumping onto my seat.

"My Lord, are you alright?" I hear Thoma at the door.

"Have the Shumatsuban search for the traveller's sibling at once. I want posters and people everywhere," I say in a stern voice.

"Without question , Your Grace..." Thoma bows and leaves.

"You can come out now," I look at the window, the view of the sea calming me down.

"I guess the Head of the Kamisato Clan isn't that bad of a samurai... Afterall, you are the one in-charge of the Shumatsuban," He climbs in, sitting at where the Traveller sat awhile ago, his grey uniform wrinkling as he slouches.

"Are you really doing all of this just for Teyvat, or do you have some other plans...?" He gives me a smug face.

"You can assume whatever you want, but just know that you need me just as much as I need you," I look at him with a poker face.

"That's true, but you have more to lose than I do," He smiles.

"I consider myself to be quite a classy person, but remember that the people of Teyvat have more respect for me than they do of you, Childe," I sigh.