Love Behind Shadows

How You Get The Girl by Tay Swift (Taylor's Version)

Y/N POV.

It had been a day since that night. In his chambers, under the soft moonlight, the feathery touch as the tiniest bit of our finger tips brushed against the other; a heavy sigh harbouring between us as confessions of love poured between our lips. The assurance was needed, after everything that happened, it feels as if a heavy burden had been lifted off my shoulders.

Whispers of my name linger on the streets, the singular picture taken on that very night plastered across every paper in Inazuma. The headlines wrote its dramatic story, painting me as the century's beauty; an exaggerated lie that honestly makes me feel a tad bit guilty. Ayato had mentioned how he wouldn't stop the papers from publishing me no matter how hard I had tried to convince him.

"The world needs to know just who the future Lady of the Kamisato Clan is," He simply said with a slight chuckle.

My frustration only grew as the clock ticked. The shrine maidens waving the roll of newspapers from the Yae Publishing House at the top of their heads like mad women, going on about how they knew who the lady at the front page was. Inazumans gathered at the Narukami Shrine, the identity of the lady said to be a shrine maiden from the dress she adorned during the banquet urgently exclaimed itself from their eyes. Lady Yae had gotten quite the tad bit annoyed, pushing the people out of the sacred place and giving me a annoyed glance.

It's not like it's my fault. She already said we would be anticipating this.

"This won't do," Lady Yae shakes her head in disapproval.

The girls and I lift our heads toward her in curiosity, a confused expression washing over our faces.

"You'll take a break. Come back again when the situation gets calmer," Lady Yae hits my head with the rolled up paper Maki had been waving in the air.

"WHAT?" A collective gasp fills the entire shrine, the shouts of unison being shushed by Lady Yae harshly.

"How are we going to go about our boring days without charming men visiting the shrine if you're gone?" One of the girls whine.

"Well, I guess you can always tell them I'll be back," I shrug my shoulders.

"Hurry up, Y/N. I don't want the shrine to be filled with incessant men," Lady Yae narrows her eyes at me, the culprit and cause.

Although I had taken off the makeup, it was rather obvious that I am the woman who has her face on the frontlines of the Inazuman press, and unfortunately, battling my way out wouldn't be an easy task at all. As I hurry back to my room to begin packing, a thought that I've had put in the back of my mind begins to unfold.

Does this mean that... we're lovers now?

I inhale sharply, covering my obvious blush with the dress I was trying to fold into the carrier from who-knows-what. Thinking such things are so improper for a lady... But, I do wonder if Ayato does regard me as his lover now then. He's already confessed, hasn't he? But, the carriage back to the shrine last night was a reluctant goodbye. He kissed the back of my hand, helping me step up into the carriage, and bid me goodbye with a smile with a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight, darling. I'll see you soon," He whispered before the footman closed the door.

Admittedly, I let out an exasperated sigh, falling into my small puddle of clothes. I guess a break wouldn't be that bad... I've done my fair share of work at the shrine ever since I took over my mother's reigns, so naturally, a break is warranted for my hard work. I give myself a close eyed smirk, some sort of a pat on the back for my unappreciated effort. Being the only other maiden with electro vision doesn't really give me any excuses to reject the work Lady Yae pushes toward me. She can honestly be quite lazy sometimes, especially during the winter when she hibernates for a week straight and wakes up for an hour or two before hitting the bed again.