The Beauty and her Prince

Merry Go Round of Life by Joe Hisaishi

Y/N POV.

"We've arrived, Miss Y/N," The coachman opens the door, helping me down to the ground as I hang my head in nervousness, the sudden feeling of loneliness has never been more apparent than now.

I feel out of place.

"The papers will most definitely be talking about you first thing tomorrow morning, Miss. Hold your head high as you should, for if the Lord of our estate does not choose you as his bride, I shall be at the mercy of the Shogun," He nods his head with confidence before riding the carriage away.

Grandma... I close my eyes at the entrance of the estate. Lend me your strength.

Inhale, exhale. And I slowly step into the opening gates, into the night of nobility and love.

"Miss Y/N!" A man near the entrance announces my name and I freeze in shock as all heads turn to me.

It must be my grandma blessing for I feel extremely and oddly, calm despite the situation now. My head tilts up as I walk towards the crowd of women dressed in the most fancy gowns of imported fabric, tailored to fit their tiny waists, and as I look around trying to find the man I came here for, he calls my name.

"Y/N? Is that... really you?" The deep honey-like voice pants behind me and I turn to look back in return with a smile.

His blue orbs glitter as I see my reflection in it, the slight raise of his brows and the silent gasp he lets out of his pretty lips. I know that everyone is looking at us, the fans covering the mouths of the noble ladies and the men who stand in clusters whispering my name look at me as if I was a maiden they would never lay their eyes upon ever again. He freezes in his steps, and for some reason, doesn't move. It's quite cute, really. To see such a high and mighty man fall in awe with me...

"You're not moving," I whisper to Ayato as I take a few steps towards him gracefully.

"I- Uh... Didn't really expect you to show up. Wasn't the invitation sent to Lady Yae?" He looks down at me, our fingers almost brushing against each other.

"Hmm... So you really didn't invite me. I'm quite disappointed in you, My Lord," The flirtatious words leave me lips like a glass of sweet wine, pouring into his lips.

He visibly reacts to the name I call him by, inhaling with a slight twitch of the brow. But before he could continue, the melodious hum of the violin fills the courtyard as the rest of the orchestra joins. Our heads look around as the people make way for us, surrounding us in a large circle and it finally clicks in my head.

"Care for a dance, My Lady?" Ayato bows, lifting his hand up as if to ask for mine, his not-so-innocent eyes looking at me through his long lashes.

Without any words being said, I gently place my hand in his and he whisks me away into the centre of the dance floor, my dress floating around me as we do. He swirls me around and I start smiling at the thought of this entire ridiculous situation. My heart thumps against the rhythm with my heels on the floor as he takes the lead, a hand on my waist and the other on my hand.

"You're look absolutely ravishing tonight," He confesses, caressing my waist with his slender fingers.

"And you look... dashing," I pull away and he pulls me back into his arms again.

It is true. Ayato looked like a prince, fitting for his status and persona. He adorned a white suit with intricate details of the Kamisato Clan, and as if he walked out straight from a romance novel, his low ponytail is tied with a gold pleated ribbon; most probably braided by Ayaka.

"So you're looking for a bride, I hear?" I look away, still following his lead.

"The Board of the Clan hosted this without my knowledge... You can only imagine to shock I got when I returned from Liyue," He explains.

"Hmm...," I hum in dissatisfaction and Ayato notices, pulling me close to him by my waist, as I yelp and grab onto his chest.

"What are-"

I feel his breath just a centimetre away from my lips, my hands gripping tightly onto his robe as his dark eyes look into my soul with words that cannot describe just how this man could make me fall onto my knees right this instant. We need not exchange words of live for us to know what this silent conversation holds within this crowd of stupid nobles and unnecessary luxury. It is stifling, hot, and I can see it that within his eyes he pleads for me; as if calling out my name wouldn't be loud enough.

"After tonight, you will be talk of the town. Everyone's attention would be on you and I...,"

I place a finger on his lips, stopping him from speaking any further.

Show, don't tell.

The music comes to a romantic end, and Ayato pulls away gently before bowing and I walk away. Despite the abrupt end, the night was filled with constant glances, silent conversations, the brushing of fingertips when we walk past each other, and a playful nod at the head to beckon me to meet him in his chambers. The men bombarded me with questions and the noble ladies flock to each other in contempt and envy.

"Just which noble house are you from?"

"My family does business in Fontaine and we specialise in..."

"Would you care to look here at the Kamera for me, Young Lady?"

"The publishers would go insane if they were here,"

"Apologies, but where did you get your dress from?"

"How was dancing with the Lord like?"

As Ayato had left me to fend for myself in this den of wolves, I stood at the other side of the courtyard, trying to explain my situation.

"Who knows? Since she's not revealing which house she's from, she mustn't have been invited, could she?" A woman flutters her fan against her chin.

"But how was she able to enter then?" Another noble lady asks.

"All I know is that Lady Guuji was supposed to be here tonight. In fact, I noticed that you have a vision on you. It comes as a surprise but Lady Guuji does have the same electro vision, no?" She chuckles.

"I assure you, My Lady. You would not want to mess with me. Afterall, the only woman in this banquet that has ever laid her hands on the Lord was me," I smile, a blitz of electro swirling in my eyes.

A collective yelp bruises the conversation and they tuck away into the night, moving to other men.

"Well, that was fun to watch," Ayato comes from behind me, kissing my neck as he turns me around.

The corner we were in hid us from the people at the banquet, and he sighs as he leans his forward into mine.

"Come with me," He whispers into my ear.