·˚𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. ༘༄ ꒰𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘴꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

•°

•°.✩.°•

"Come on. Come on," Marc muttered as you both sprinted along side by side, the two jackals tailing you both.

"Wanna split?" Marc asked you so that you both could attack the two creatures separately.

"Not yet," you chided, sneaking a glance over your shoulder at the roaring creatures.

"Why not?"

"Because I said so," you sassed, "And also we have to keep them away from the city as possible. If we split, we'll be putting more people in danger. Don't wanna draw any more attention than we already have,"

"You're such a pain in the ass," Marc grumbled, hating that you were right.

"Well, get used to it," you bit back.

"That's it. Just a little further," Marc noticed the building you were running on top of was coming to an end.

"Now!" you both jump off, catching one jackal each.

"Gotcha," Marc stabbed the jackal with his crescent blade and slid down the inclined roof of the building. He impaled it with a grunt on the pointed structure on a podium on the ground.

You summoned a blue sword and slashed the creature's head off. You went plummeting down the air until you fell to the ground, right next to its limp body.

The corpses of the jackals faded away into dust and were carried away by the wind.

Marc caught the crescent blade that fell down and he settled it back into his suit.

Stretching his hands at his sides, his suit unwrapped and disappeared into his back to reveal the clothes that Steven had been wearing initially.

You rolled your shoulders back, closing your eyes as you allowed your own armor to shift back and vanish into thin air.

You got to your feet and walked towards him, "Marc," you held out a hand to him, "The scarab,"

Marc patted down his pockets for it, "No, no," he muttered, "Where is it? Where is it?" he fell to his knees, yelling out in frustration, nearly close to tears, "Shit!"

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───

Marc and Steven had got into an argument in the mirror about having control over the body. Obviously, Marc refused to give control, now that the scarab wasn't with him, which only meant no good.

Marc snapped in anger when Steven dragged your and Layla's name and he ended up smashing the glass with his foot repeatedly where he could see Steven.

You didn't know the reason Marc was fuming with rage, but then you rushed to his aid instantly, setting your hatred aside for a moment to help him.