Chapter 18 - Standard of Evil

Everyone spun around with cries of horror as Ranran and Shinichi leapt up at the mine they were all in while Muniko struggled to his feet."It's you this whole time!"

"That's right, they were going to risk my precious son to jail, so someone has to take care of the problem," Sora explained. "But your dumb mother's men bungled everything I set out for my son to achieve. This was all your fault!"

Muniko and Namba's jaws dropped, their expression kinda match each other's like literal brothers in Takuma's point of view. Meanwhile, the five remaining children were appalled by the woman's appearance.

"All 7 of you were supposed to drown in the lake, not just the two children. When I saw the Shibuya situation on tv, I knew I had to step in and do something. If I hadn't, I'd have had the рeople swarming all over the place onto the plans I had for Namba, and who knows what they might have found!" The elderly woman's bitter screech made other kids wince at their ears.

"So the girl was right?! You really...are my real mother!?"Namba was shaking to the core, he has never experienced such shocking betrayal of it all."Did you really...arranged the movie of me in it to be played and exposed by Muniko!?"

The cold elderly woman stared at her captives, a calculating look on her face"What a shame you all saw through my plans. If hadn't, I would've won my son's trust over me and made him forget about the so-called family he grew up with being misled as to his own. Even better would be that the legal son who has always been a thorn in my eye be deceased, as he brought nothing but pain to me and Namba."Sora took a step forward, her lips set in a grim line."But I'm afraid that's no longer possible. You all know too much."

"How did you know where to find us!?"Micho grew pale as he see the men with the guns in their hands.

"I had someone follow Namba after that fugitive incident in which he jumped off the car and swam in the quarry years ago. What mother wouldn't check whether their son isn't alright?"

"You have gone too far trying to prove your love for your son, let alone, become CEO of the bloody movie company!" cried Muniko Tomio. The old man was shaking with rage."It's fine that you choose to go after me, but what about the kids here?! They did nothing wrong!"

"Though I don't agree with that idiot buffoon, I agree!"Namba agreed, "How are they in your way?!"

"They were going to expose me as your real mother, let alone, in the way of me running the company, my beloved son. Something has to be done."

"Don't call me that!"Namba spat in disgust at that thought, after having learned of everything his mother was responsible for in his miserable life."You are not my mother!"

"Why? You are my son through blood regardless, unlike that woman who is buried six feet beneath us. Especially that fraud father of yours that died pathetically outside his workplace." Sora laughed darkly.

"Wait, I don't recall telling you anything about my—"Suddenly, he felt chills crawling through his neck as he sweats, "No way...don't tell me it was you-"

"That's right, it was me who put an end to your fraud father."The illegitimate Tadashi dusted her shoulder as she went on to detail her crime, "If I were not friends with the employer's wife, I wouldn't have found out your phoney dad of yours working here. I recalled she was one of that b**ch's favourite staff. As soon as I heard he was living a nice life with his little family in some bungalow, I knew I had to confiscate the things he was overpaid for. After all, witnesses who did nothing don't deserve to be rewarded."She clicked with her teeth.

"What about Tadashi Saji your son?! When he got engaged to his daughter, you decided to end their lives because they refuse to listen to you?!"Takuma growled, putting up a brave stance despite the gun pointed at them.