Epilogue bonus - Lurking around the corner

Several days later, as the kids gather in Tantei Association around Michio's mom's place that afternoon, Shinichi decided everyone needed to know something.

"Ok, I made some arrangements."He made this announcement while the others were doing their business.

The children were currently in their casual clothes as there has no case to work on. Emiko was redesigning the Tantei Association website on the laptop as Ranran also wanted the site to be in English despite being in Japan. Meanwhile, Ran and Takuma were trying to finish their math homework.

"What arrangements?"Ranran gave him an odd look, while the others were wondering what is going on.

"After that Muniko incident, having Agasa build another skateboard and scooter, it appears that we keep experiencing skateboard and scooter breaking into half repeatedly....."Shinichi glared at Ranran as she was on her seat, once again gaming with her smartphone, playing project Sekai.

Sensing she was being observed, she paused her game before looking up to Shinichi."We were in a tough spot, you know?"

"Anyway, gather around. All of you."

And so, the kids did like all of them assembled outside the window display shop. Aside from the bike and skateboard, Ran noticed there was no scooter."Where is the scooter, Shinichi?"She pointed."How do you expect Ranran to go without one?"

"After all those breaking episodes, something needs to change," Shinichi said while folding his arms sternly at Ranran, "Wait here, I will be right back."

So Shinichi left the four others, while the others were exchanging looks, as they were not sure what to expect. That's when a light showed up not far from where they were.

It was another vehicle in its spot. But what Shinichi had brought....was unexpected.

So unexpected, that when Shinichi had first arrived in it, the first thing Ranran ever said was, "I didn't expect you to get this out of all the vehicles we had got for Tantei association."

"What in the world is that!?"Emiko asked while pointing at it with her eyebrow raised.

"Mina-san, here is a mini motorbike with a sidecar, for kids like us only."

Shinichi introduces the vehicle to everyone while Ranran glance at the vehicle, not with a look of disapproval, but a look of....how Shinichi put it?"Is this road legal?"Ranran and Shinichi's classmate Takuma suddenly questioned pointing to the motorbike.

"Also, if one gets hits, does it come with insurance?"Ranran observed the vehicle with scepticism.

"It doesn't matter. In Beikai district, it is legally a town and not a city, so the laws here are loose with kids like us riding such vehicles on the main road. As for Insurance, why bother? Anyway, what matters is...starting from today onwards, this will be one of Tantei association vehicles," Shinichi quipped, as Michio and Junko soon arrived at the association from school as class released them late.

"Hey, what on earth is that?"Junko pointed at the vehicle.

"It's a mini motorcycle for kids, with a sidecar."Michio figures.

"Does it need petrol to run? If so, you gonna need tons of money to run, Shinichi."Ran pointed out.

"It runs on electric and sun solar, Agasa had it all figured out."Shinichi pats the bike with a grin.

"And....just let me get this straight," Emiko folded her arms, "I am going to assume you be the passenger and Ranran be the one riding it?"She then pointed with her finger.

"No, after that last incident she caused with the scooter, I decided she be the one in the passenger seat while I will be the one riding it."

Ranran's jaw dropped in horror as Emiko's eyebrows lifted, "Really?"The artist said in disbelief.