Chapter 15 - Dispresancies

The next thing that came up in Ranran's mind as they were swimming in the lake was, "I am beginning to think that the Titanic scene between Jack and Rose was a bust."

"Why?"Shinichi turned to her, rolling his eyes as he wonders what he gonna hear next from his unpredictable partner-in-crime under such dire situation.

"In the movie, there are floating objects everywhere to cling to. Here, we have a freaking sinking boat, and yet, nothing to cling on."

"You do realize that the Titanic is a luxury ship with tons of furniture before it sank, right?!"He blasted at her.

Suddenly, the boat they were in earlier resurface. It was upside down and looked like the hump of a white whale. They could see the jagged holes around the waterline."Speaking of the devil!"Ranran pointed at it as the Kudo twins swam toward it and clutched the edges.

"You think we can turn it over?" gasped Ranran, the cold seeping into his bones.

"It's too heavy," Shinichi grunted. "Anyhow, it'd only sink again." A steady splashing sound was growing louder somewhere behind them.

They turned their heads to see Junko slicing through the water toward them."Is that Junko?!"Ranran suddenly recognizes her from afar thanks to her glasses.

"It sure is!"Then Shinichi broke into a grin."You know, it's good that we have her around in Tantei association."

Ranran shivered. "Why?"

"Aside from us alone, if Majima were in our shoes, she could save him," Shinichi pointed out.

Ranran stared at him blankly." Seriously?"

Shinichi rolled his eyes and laughed despite the chill that crept through his body, "I mean face it, we are all too young to save Michio in case he drowned."

But as they watched Junko swim closer she suddenly disappeared beneath the surface.

"Oh shit, "Ranran and Shinichi grew their eyes wide in horror when they realize what had happened they cursed in unison.

"Please don't tell me she drowned?!"Ranran had fear written all over her face.

"Very likely so!"Shinichi began to panic at that thought.

Meanwhile, Michio and Takuma were horrified as the boys watched Junko grow smaller and smaller."You sure Junko can swim?"Takuma worriedly asks Michio.

"She should be. Though I ain't sure if she could pull this through."Michio admitted.

"But isn't she the no.1 strongest swimmer in our school?"Takuma probed.

"Well yeah, but the reason she learn swimming was to show off to the other kids our age in the local pool."Michio shrugs.

"Wait, how many rounds was she able to swim max?!"Takuma confronted.

"One."

"One?!" Takuma's jaw dropped in horror, "Then how were you supposed to expect her to be able to swim to Ranran and Shinichi's side!?"

"Well, what was I supposed to do?! I can't swim! Could you?!"Michio turned to Takuma.

"No. I can swim, but not the way Junko does."Takuma ashamedly admit.

At first, Junko's strokes had been fast. Soon, they were slower and getting lower by the minute.

Something was wrong.

Then Michio screamed in horror when she disappeared completely."That does it! It's time I call Emiko to find a way to contact Genzo!"

Michio then pulled out his phone and desperately punched in numbers, making attempts to call Emiko or Ran for help since they warn Ran not to leave the association and that Emiko will ensure this.