16

Kayama: [chugging water] I've got a family event coming up.

Togami: Another one?

Kayama: Yeah, second one of the year.

Togami: Did you tell Noria?

Kayama: Well, I did, but she's sick.

Togami: Hm. Why don't you take Asahina or someone?

Kayama: Nah. She's busy.

Togami: How would you know that?

Kayama: I think you should go to one of those events.

Togami: Me? In a Kayama event? I'd stand out like a neon orange bird by a bunch of crows.

Kayama: I think you'd enjoy it.

Togami: Well, when is it?

Kayama: February 24th. It's the 16th.

Togami: I might be able to make it, if you want me as your plus one.

Kayama: You've only met a couple of my cousins, I think you'd like my family. Most of them are gonna be there. Most of the gatherings are informal, so you don't have to wear a suit.

Togami: But when do I not wear one?

Kayama, Never, really.

-

Kayama and Togami stepped out of their car, looking at Kayama's cousins' huge house.

Togami: Never knew your family had big houses.

Kayama: Li's gotta fit a lot of people in her house. And she has 3 kids.

Togami: Understandable.

Right as Togami and Kayama walked inside, they were greeted by Kayama's cousin, who she had nicknamed Li.

Li: Welcome! I think I've met you before; Byakuya, right?

Togami: Yeah.

Li: And Leah, hello!

Kayama: Hi! It's nice to see you again.

Li: Please, come inside! You guys are some of the first people.

-

Kayama: See, Byakuya? They love you. Li greeted you before me, and I'm her favorite.

Togami: I didn't know that. I guess maybe I'm the favorite now.

Kayama: Nah, no one can replace me.

Togami: Maybe except me.

-

Li's oldest kid, Gale, noticed Kayama and walked up to her.

Kayama: Hi!

Gale: Hey L. Hey L's plus one. You're tall.

Togami: I know, makes Leah look like my little sister.

Kayama: Shut it! He's my husband, believe it or not.

Gale: Ohh, so he was your husband at the wedding. I'm an idiot.

Kayama: You aren't an idiot, it was a couple months ago.

Togami: It was about 9 months ago.

Kayama: Already?

Gale: Leah, I'm still not taller than you and I'm 11. You were basically how tall you are now when you were 11.

Kayama: How would you know that? You were born when I was 13 or 14, maybe 15.

Gale: My mom told me.

Togami: [snickering] I guess you are short.

Kayama: You know, compared to someone whose 6'1, and a 5'3 11 year old, I ought to feel short. And I had a legacy for being the tallest kid in my grade for basically all of middle school.

Gale: Wow. You really are tall for a blonde stick.

Kayama: Well, you call me short, and now you get called a blonde stick, I call that payback.

Togami: I guess that's mediocrely fair.

-

//interrupting a/n: this chapter is automatically taking me twice as much time as it would because i'm taking screenshots literally every minute for a video

-

Togami was introduced to more of Kayama's family, and everyone loved him. A couple were sad to see Hamanatch not there, but they were accepting of Togami. Of course, Kayama won the "Who can drink the most in one minute" as she always did.

-

Togami: How are you so awesome at that stupid challenge?

Kayama: I've been doing it since I was 21, we have events every four months, so that's nine or ten times I've done it. I've become a master.

Togami: Interesting.

Kayama: And you thought you weren't gonna enjoy that. Everyone loved you.

Togami: Maybe I liked it.

Kayama: Admit it, you did.

Togami: Fine. That was a lot of fun and I'd go back to the next one, honestly.

Kayama: I knew you'd say that.