18

"dude! what are you doing? i'm tryna change!" kayama leah said to her husband, togami byakuya.

"don't 'dude' me, and what do you want for dinner? it's friday."

"well, what are our options?"

"we can make something or go out."

"like, a dinner date?"

"yeah. like a dinner date."

"sweet, let's do that. we haven't been out to eat in a little while."

"it hasn't been that long, but okay."

"what time? i have to leave in about 30 minutes to meet asahina at the park, and i won't be home until 3."

"4:30?"

"that'll work."

-

30 minutes later. kayama leaves. yada-yada. she comes back and as always — finds togami in the library. at that time, it's 3:30, so kayama gets herself up and changes to look nicer.

"we're going out for dinner, not dancing," togami started. "but you still look amazing."

kayama giggled.

"you look rich, but nice," she said with a smile.

"that surely is a compliment."

-

"table for two," togami said.

"alright! follow me right this way," the hostess said.

-

"any drinks to get you two started with?" their waiter asked.

"i'll have a water," kayama said.

"water," togami bluntly said.

they had gone to the nicest restaurant in town; come on, they both were a part of a business empire.

-

togami had ordered some fancy french dish that no one besides him could pronounce, and kayama ordered chicken parmesan. not only because she liked it, but also because it was early to pronounce.

"can we get dessert after this?" kayama asked.

togami laughed.

"if you want it, sure. i'm not getting any, though."

"yes you are."

"no i'm not."

"yes you are."

"no i'm not."

"i get it, you're byakuya togami, but one little slice of cake, or scoop of ice cream won't hurt. live a little!"

"fine."

for dessert, they shared a big piece of cake with ice cream. togami had stated that 'it looks unappetizing because of all of the sweetness' until kayama shoved it into his face and made him try it, which completely changed his viewpoint.

-

7:30 PM they arrive home, immediately, kayama falls onto the couch in the family room, and Togami sits down next to her.

"thank you."

"for what?"

"for taking me out."

"oh. well then, you're welcome, love."

kayama smiled.

truth be told, togami never called her 'love'. he told her that he loved her, but only called her love in moments he really loved her.

togami placed a small kiss on kayama's forehead as she fell asleep, and he carried her up to bed.