35

"i'll love you, always."

"what would i do without you?"

"aren't you sick of me?"

those things were things that kayama had said.

she meant it.

but did she?

"byakuya, we need to talk about something," kayama roughly said.

"okay," togami replied, feeling worried. his mind was racing, thinking of the worst possible things.

"i didn't want to tell you, i really didn't. but it's been sitting in the back of my mind for a few weeks."

"please just tell me what it is..."

"i want a divorce. i love you, byakuya. i really do, but i just don't feel romantically attracted to you anymore. "

togami sat there, trying not to cry. he loved her, and he has for nine years. he still does.

"why, though? after.. everything we've been through? leah, this is just... 9 years down the drain.."

"listen, i enjoyed the past nine years. i loved them, but it's just time i find something else."

at that moment, he lost it. togami started to break down right then and there.

"why.. why.. why... i love you.. please don't leave.. "

"please.. don't leave.." togami quietly said.

"next week. it'll be finalized next week."

"but why? last week.. you were super.. affectionate.. and now you want a divorce? leah, you can't do this shit to me!"

"my decision is final. final, byakuya. there's other people besides me."

her words hurt. it's like she turned into a completely different person. instead of being her bubbly, happy self, she was cold and brutal.

"i'm gonna go think about this," togami murmured.

-

"damnit, damnit! why do you have to leave me?"

togami sobbed. he loved her, why did she have to leave?

"why can't you just love me?"

-

she thought about her choice. the past nine years; laughing, barely fighting, comforting each other, the whole thing. she thought about togami, and how sad he looked.

"no. it's final. we can stay friends."

she stood up and went to their room.

"what?" he bluntly grumbled.

"i'm sorry for going off, but i'm not lying. i'm open to being friends, just not in a romantic relationship ," kayama replied.

togami didn't reply.

she left the room.

-

(time skip because i have other things to do)

-

"till we meet again," kayama said with a lighthearted smile. "i'll probably miss you, but we can plan something next week."

"yeah," togami replied back, trying not to cry.

with a half-hearted hug, she was out the door with a suitcase. togami, still standing at the door, started to cry again.

he glumly walked back to, just now his room, and lie down.