33

//a/n: partial flashback

-

all that leah kayama had with her was the clothes that she brought to hope's peak, which only lasted about a week. since the killing game had ended, she'd been living with her boyfriend, byakuya togami. she hadn't really been to her house since her mom died, which was about two years ago.

"i want to do something sooner or later, hopefully today or tomorrow," kayama said.

"and that is?" togami asked.

"i wanna go back home and grab my stuff from my room. i don't have a lot of stuff here."

"we could surely do that, do you have the address?"

"duh, i lived there. still got a key, too."

"well then, what're we waiting for?" togami questioned. "let's go!"

"wait, genuine question, do you have your driver's licence?"

"yeah, i just don't drive very much, mainly because my chauffeur takes me around."

"well then, i'll drive, since i have mine, and i know how to get there from just about anywhere."

20 - 30 minutes later, the two pulled up to a small house; it was a light blue color with a wrap-around porch.

unlocking the door, the house looked the same. the large television, l-shaped couch, the kitchen, the dishes, it was all the same. but it just didn't feel as... homey. it was almost like the house drained itself throughout the past two years. it felt like a vacancy, just nothing there.

kayama walked down the hallway, studying the awards and pictures on the wall. on the left was a door that she stared at; her door.

opening it, she was hit with a wave of memories; all the friends she had over. late nights, essays, everything. the walls were painted a lilac color, with drawings, posters, pictures and lights all around.

"this is it, huh?" togami asked, looking around.

"yeah, this is her."

"you think you're gonna take any of this stuff?"

"nah, none of it is really of interest anymore."

-

"you still haven't cleaned any of it out yet?" togami asked.

"nope, and that's exactly what we're here to do. 10 years, it's been since naomi's been gone, i think it's about time we sell this old girl," kayama replied.

"isn't that illegal?"

"i was gifted her, mom told me that i could 'start a family here, sell it, i don't care,' so here we are. i feel kind of bad, but what do we need a second house for?"

-

the house looked great after 4 hours of work, 5 bags of things to donate and 6 of garbage.

"feels like my childhood, even though i barely spent any time here."

"that's because it was, you were with your actual family."

"shut up, you sound like a philosopher or something."

"i love you too."