31

"what do you wanna do for valentine's day this year?" kayama asked, flipping through a new book.

"i'm not sure, maybe dinner or something?" togami suggested.

little did kayama know; he had something big planned. it'd been about seven years that they've been together, and he wanted to do something special;

a (kind of, sort of) tropical vacation.

"eh, i'm sure we could make that work. hey, we've been together for like, 7 years now, that's quite some time," she reminded.

"yeah, it is."

"you seem off, is there something you have to tell me?"

"well, i kind of have an idea for valentine's day. but make it more valentine's week."

"what? week?"

"we're going to florida."

"florida? for a week?"

"yep, a week. i booked tickets last night, we leave tomorrow. should get there for valentine's day."

"holy shit, thank you! jesus do i love you, i don't deserve someone like you, how much did it cost?"

" about $5000. don't worry, that's literally pocket money for me."

"wait, what time does this flight leave exactly?" kayama asked.

"well, i was up until about 1 last night looking around, it leaves at 5am, meaning that there, it'd be 3pm. it takes 15 hours to get there, so, we'd land at 6am. i'd call a limo, don't worry, i already have it planned out. we'd check into the hotel, which by the way, i rented a penthouse suite-"

"i'm just worried about you waking up on time, you're very bad at that. thank you, thank you so much, byakuya," kayama cut him off.

"i'll be fine, you're welcome. anyway, i rented a penthouse suite, meaning we'll get half of the floor to ourselves, and the pool is ab-so-lutely huge. isn't that something? oh, and we're taking a private jet," togami continued on.

"you seem very, very excited."

"i'm elated as hell! let's get packing, we've gotta scramble tomorrow."

"just a reminder; when i wake up, you wake up. if i tell you to wake up, get up."

"yes, ma'am."

-

2.13

-

kayama nudged togami's shouder at around 4:30am.

"byakuyaaa.."

he yawned.

"i wasn't the one who planned this, love. c'mon, get up."

"fine."

quickly, the duo grabbed their bags and unecessarily called a limo. there weren't too many people at the airport (hense it being 4:45am) but the few there didn't notice either of them; togami or kayama, which was wondrous. no one felt like being bombarded with questions this early. they boarded the jet and fell asleep around an hour later.

-

togami woke up and checked his phone.

5am?

we haven't moved?

but it was a new day; monday, february 14th.

valentine's day.

-

2.14

-

shortly after he woke up, togami nudged kayama to wake up. the jet they were on had a large bedroom suite, equipped with a tv and king sized bed. kayama, who was sleeping peacefully, had every single blanket on top of her.